The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Display options?  (Read 169 times)

AeonBlues

Display options?
« on: March 11, 2007, 09:21:05 pm »
I am having trouble locking in my display options for forum thread.  I have read help pages.  From "My Account ~ Edit Options" I am able to control how threads look once I am reading a post.  That is not the problem I am having

My problem is when viewing a thread.  On some threads, like Forum Discussion for instance, the view  locks posts in alphabetic order.  So, I go to the bottom and select my display options.

Sort by: Last Post
From the: Beginning
Sort order: Descending

I then click the Show Threads button and wammo, it lists all threads in alphabetical order :(

AeonBlues

Honora

Re: Display options?
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 09:54:41 pm »
To add: I can get the option to work for Last Post, Beginning, Decending, in some forums, but it won't stay locked.  As soon as I navigate away from that forum, it reverts to alphabetical and I must continually hit "last post".  An annoyance, but one I can't find a cure for.  Suggestions?

AeonBlues

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 10:01:20 pm »
I have found that if I select the "From the" to "Last two weeks" I seem to get a desirable result.  Perhaps the "Beginning" option is too big or something.

AeonBlues

Marswipp

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 11:56:39 pm »
The default server side settings need to be changed. I, too, am getting tired of clicking on "Last Post" to bring the most recent posts to the top.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2007, 12:13:49 am »
If you go in to your user profile you can change the viewing options in your profile. It then takes effect across the forums. It is not a server side option, it is by user option in each users account.

User Account - Edit Options - (then modify these three choices to your desire):

Thread Display Mode - choose linear, oldest first to be like the old forums
Number of Posts to Show Per Page - 25 for the old forums settings (your choice though)
Default Thread Age Cut Off - Show all thread to be like the old forums (your choice though)

As an FYI, mine are 'choose linear first', 30 posts per page, and show all threads. But that is just me, other will have other choices.

AeonBlues

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2007, 12:46:22 am »
Oh boy, with all due respect to you Leanthar, I am having a different result when following your instructions in this thread.

When I toggle the optionThread Display Mode, from My account >> Edit Options, it dirrectly alters the way an individual message thread looks.  For instance if I select Linear - Newest First, then your reply shows up at the top of my browser window, and my original message shows up on the bottom.  When I switch to Linear - Oldest First, then my original message is on the top and your reply is on the bottom.

Regardless of what option I chose, when  I brows "Trade and Market Hall", the postings are organized  in alphabetical order.

Marswipp

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2007, 09:56:20 pm »
Quote from: Marswipp
...clicking on "Last Post" to bring the most recent posts to the top.
How often should one quote themselves?
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

anything