The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: ..the forum hates me.  (Read 242 times)

SyntheticSoul

..the forum hates me.
« on: June 02, 2008, 06:52:36 pm »
I seem to have a recurring problem with logging in/staying logged into the Forum. I will go to log in, enter my name and password.. then it will take me to the "Thank you for logging in, SyntheticSoul" screen and then redirect me to the forums again. When I'm redirected, I still won't be logged in - which prevents me from seeing certain forum content or posting anything.

I'll also have the fortune of logging in and..after innumerable attempts, I will finally log in, attempt to post something, only to find out that I'm no longer logged in when I hit "submit." That's happened both times I've tried to post character submissions with the wizard (in fact, about 15 times I attempted to use it for two characters before they took) and most of the time I try to post in the forums. This seems to happen about 80% if the time. O.o

Yes, I've cleared my cache, cookies, personables and laundry. It didn't seem to help. I'm on Windows XP and tried in both firefox and I.E. (the new version, dont remember what it is) BUT.. i've also tried it on my ipod touch and that uses a mac-lite OS and Safari - same problem.

So.. based on my lengthy technical training and my knowledge of web browsers, scripts and server/forum mechanics I've concluded simply that the layonara forums hate me and the best possible solution is for me to find the physical location of the server the forum is hosted on and give it a thorough tune up with an aluminum baseball bat labeled "Plan B." :mad: ;)

Questions and comments are appreciated.

Danke Schon. 8)

--------------------

Update: Case-in-point

I had to relog in before it would take. :o

ShiffDrgnhrt

Re: ..the forum hates me.
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 06:57:57 pm »
there should be an option beside the logging Boxes, that says "Keep me Logged in"...  Maybe you should click it ;)

SyntheticSoul

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 06:59:40 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
there should be an option beside the logging Boxes, that says "Keep me Logged in"...  Maybe you should click it ;)

I tried that too. It doesn't listen to me.

*polishes bat+1*

orth

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 07:34:09 pm »
Are you currently visiting http://forums.layonara.com to get to the forums?  If you're using an old URL that has redirected you here i.e. [noparse]http://www.layonaraonline.com[/noparse] , then that could be the issue.

Blackguy

« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2008, 04:16:35 am »
I seem to have the same problem on my laptop. Whenever I login with my credentials, It says thank you for logging in Blackguy, and it will the redirect me. But instead it just goes to the page that looks like you havnt logged in. Strange thing is that after this, when I press Get new post, I get directed into the new post thread, and can view post there. So the system recognizes me in someway.

Also with the rootsystem in the top. I can steer myself into the "normal" forum, the one that looks like your logged in.

This is only on my laptop, I have done everything what SyntheticSoul have done aswell, with the exception of the MacOS and Linux.

Marswipp

« Reply #5 on: June 03, 2008, 11:50:21 am »
Data corruption must be happening somewhere. I know I have problems with certain downloads and the new Flash plug-in. Though, the Flash plug-in problem is usually remedied with a browser restart.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

LordCove

« Reply #6 on: June 05, 2008, 01:20:27 pm »
Noticed this with the computers and work and college.
At home fine.. but their it does exactly as described.

I figured must be something in the browser settings... but didn't dare tweak them.