The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: (For PnP players...) Boundless Horizons open alpha  (Read 369 times)

Faldred

(For PnP players...) Boundless Horizons open alpha
« on: August 31, 2010, 01:46:03 pm »
Hi all!  Long time, no post.  Family issues (and later, misplacing my CDs!) have kept me from visiting the world of Layonara for some time.

What I have been keeping busy with is working with a group that's formed a company called Victorious Press.  The main project I've been working on for the last couple of years, and very seriously over the last year, is a complete revision of the 3.5 system, or at least the part under the OGL.  That revision is called Boundless Horizons, and it's available as a public alpha at: Boundless Horizons Alpha Test

So, for those of you who do standard pen-and-paper gaming in addition to your computer fix, I'd love to see as many folks as possible look over what we've done and provide feedback.

Thanks!

- Faldred, a/k/a DukeOfURL

Faldred

(For PnP players...) Boundless Horizons open alpha
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2010, 02:54:26 pm »

Quote:

Originally Posted by ycleption
               View Post

I haven't got a chance to look at it... but it would be nice if you offered it in a single pdf, rather than a whole bunch of separate documents.

The final version will be a single document (or two, depending on space considerations for print versions).  For development/alpha test, this is far more manageable, unfortunately.  (As the keeper of the master documents, believe me, I tried having just one file, but it was simply unmanageable during the development process.)  When everything is ready for typesetting, a single document will be generated.  That aside, I know it's possible to take the individual PDFs and merge them... I just need to find the right software to do so.

Edit: I know it's not the same thing, but the files are available as a single ZIP archive, if it's just the downloading that's the issue.

anything