The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: *sigh* Sorry to my questers.  (Read 284 times)

Vyris

*sigh* Sorry to my questers.
« on: October 30, 2005, 07:51:00 pm »
I was repairing an electric knife tonight to carve some pumpkins with with my sons, and one of them plugged it in while I was latching the blade in, 17 stitches later I have a nice emergency room bill, and a healthy respect for motorized blades.

My son by the way, feels aweful.

Vyris

KageKeeper

RE: *sigh* Sorry to my questers.
« Reply #1 on: October 30, 2005, 08:02:00 pm »
Yikes Vy!

Glad you are ok.

LoganGrimnar

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2005, 08:04:00 pm »
was it the gnomish boy that did it, the one that loves Barly?

Andrios

« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2005, 08:09:00 pm »
"Ouch" just does not seem to cover it.  
I am glad you are ok.

Vyris

« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2005, 08:10:00 pm »
Yes, it was my gnomish barley thief. I swear, that kid is either going to have a nobel prize, or a prison sentence by the time he's my age...

Vyris

Milo

« Reply #5 on: October 30, 2005, 09:04:00 pm »
*cringes* Yeah....ouch just doesn't cover it... 

Falreign

« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2005, 09:25:00 pm »
O.o you are a brave man.

I stabbed my a non electic knife into my finger once, saw my bone but felt no pain. I was either in shock or it went through the nerve endings. Anyhow I managed to wrap it with a rag before passing out for three hours. I feel your pain, the non-electrified portion anyway.

Dark Jester

• Followers of Lucinda
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2005, 12:29:00 am »
Falreign - 10/30/2005  9:25 PM

I stabbed my a non electic knife into my finger once, saw my bone but felt no pain. I was either in shock or it went through the nerve endings. Anyhow I managed to wrap it with a rag before passing out for three hours. I feel your pain, the non-electrified portion anyway.

I was cutting the top off of a Poinsetta that was blooming too early one year. The knife went through the plant and an an inch and a half up the side of my index finger before stopping. ;) 15 stitches later.. I think Katia was punishing me. heheh.

Know how it feels man, and glad it only took stitches to fix it. A regular knife does damage.. Cant imagine a motorized one.

-Jester

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2005, 05:34:00 am »
me mum was trying to open the plastic box to a three dollar costume ring with a pair of hair scissors once.  she slipped and gashed her finger all the way to the bone.  ended up going to the emergency room and landed a bill of three >hundred< dollars.  i told her she should have just bought a real gold diamond ring; it would have cost about the same.

aragwen

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2005, 06:31:00 am »
ouch Vyris....hope you ok.

jjkolb

« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2005, 07:18:00 am »
Hopefully, it wasn't your mouse-hand.
  How does that saying go?  "If it wasn't for bad luck..."  :(
  Just curious, did the pumpkins eventually get carved?

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005, 10:03:00 am »
DM: Spot roll

Vyris: 1

seriously though... I hope you didn't cut any tendons

You sound okay though

Get better!

NEXUS7

« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005, 10:21:00 am »
Glad your ok and Ouch ouch ouch

If ever we meet ill show you my scars from worked in light Enganiring
Its amazing how deep swarf can cut.

Zen

• Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2005, 05:57:00 am »
Vyris I am truly sorry to hear about this :( and your wife now has to do everything without your help. So, I'm sorry for her too. Tell the boy not to worry, at least until he starts dating or wants to borrow the car. ;) You don't worry about us and heal HEal HEAL! And do what the Doctor tells you to! If your still working and knowing you you are, milk the pitty factor at home! I no longer have your phone # but mine has not changed so if you feel like talking, call anytime.

PS. If you know anyone that works with metal or knives ask them for a knife-proof glove and USE it!

All our Aloha,
Kakugawa Ohana

ZeroVega

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2005, 06:50:00 am »
  Right well I think I have one that takes the cake... or pie...
    My dad was in the army for a long while and while training in the field he became bored and uncomfortable (3 weeks out there is a long time). So he pulled out his pocket knife and started carving some furniture... from cardboard boxes... he slipped and gashed his leg, right through his BDUs... 13 stiches... about three years later it's another "field day" and guess what... he does it again... cuts off the tip of his thumb... no no, he didn't cut it, he cut it off... *sighs* Nearly cut my finger off with a hack saw a few weeks later... guess the men in our family should come with a warning lable to keep away from sharp objects.

freemen2

« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2005, 11:54:00 am »
Heh heh try having yer thumb cut in half half way down the lengh, right down the middle...bloody thing looked like a half eaten banana LoL...tablesaws can be really drowish like sometimes *shrugs* litterally disintregated the bone ;)

« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2005, 04:58:00 am »
*cringes at the memories reborn by Freemens description, looks at his mangled thumb, and is thankful that it was cut on an axis that missed the bone)*

J

anything