The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Silver enhancements  (Read 163 times)

Desicardo

Silver enhancements
« on: March 07, 2007, 09:54:01 pm »
I was down in the Vehl crypts earlier today fighting with an iron Katana with a third circle silver enhance and noticed in the script that the damage from the silver enhance wasn't showing up.  I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I was hitting regularly for 3 and 4 points of damage and nowhere in the script did it list the damage from the silver.  Does this show up as divine damage or elemental?  I was showing extra damage when I cast darkfire on the katana but without it the damage was way less then I would expect from a strongly silvered weapon.  If this is a bug I can repost in the bug forum but I am curious if anyone else has noticed this.

osxmallard

RE: Silver enhancements
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2007, 10:02:38 pm »
The silver does not show up seperately as the darkfire/flame weapon does as bonus fire damage.  I believe that the silver damage is combined with the physical damage due to it's bonus type.

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: Silver enhancements
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2007, 11:02:04 pm »
It adds slashing damage (I believe) versus undead and shapeshifters.

stragen

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 04:51:57 am »
Umm fire is usually more effective then silver against undead.  The reason being many undead have slashing damage resistance.

This isn't a bug.  But it would be useful if the silver bypassed the damage reduction.  But it does not.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 05:19:55 am »
They should make it into posetive damage!

Eight-Bit

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 05:21:34 am »
Desicardo - 3/8/2007 12:54 AM I was down in the Vehl crypts earlier today fighting with an iron Katana with a third circle silver enhance and noticed in the script that the damage from the silver enhance wasn't showing up. I am not sure if this is a bug or not but I was hitting regularly for 3 and 4 points of damage and nowhere in the script did it list the damage from the silver. Does this show up as divine damage or elemental? I was showing extra damage when I cast darkfire on the katana but without it the damage was way less then I would expect from a strongly silvered weapon. If this is a bug I can repost in the bug forum but I am curious if anyone else has noticed this.
 I'm sure you were hitting higher than 3 and 4 as well. Given just the base possible damage you could deal, without a strength modifier added to damage, you're hitting for 2-16 damage. The problem you are having with dealing damage is using a slashing weapon against a creature that has 50% slashing immunity.

Dorganath

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 05:48:55 am »
Witch Hunter - 3/8/2007  7:19 AM  They should make it into posetive damage!
 It's slashing for balance reasons and because it applies to shapeshifters.

Kindo

« Reply #7 on: March 09, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
I personally find it a bit misleading when it says "2 extra damage vs undead", as they absorb, what, 50% of slashing? If you have done so for balancing reasons, though, I don't see what can be done about it, when the damage type cannot be changed.