The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hello to everyone  (Read 309 times)

Fortnight

• View Profile
    Hello to everyone
    « on: June 30, 2006, 12:03:30 pm »
    Hello everyone,

I just got these NeverWinter Nights CD's from my uncle at the start of summer vacation, and I played them all the way through and liked them a lot, he told me that neverwinter nights 2 is going to be coming out soon(er or later) but that Layonara was a good place to play but that it was different from the out of the box game.

I have all the files downloaded, even the maps! I read most of the handbook and I'll read more later, and I typed up a character bio... is there anything else I should do?

ummm... I think thats all I had to ask!

Fortnight!

ZeroVega

Re: Hello to everyone
    « Reply #1 on: June 30, 2006, 12:33:06 pm »
    I'd say, if you haven't already, try to get a good handle on your character's personality and beliefs. How does he feel about undead, drow, duegar, dragons ect. Develop some rough opinions as you wait for him/her to be approved. Other than that, just submit it and wait. Welcome by the way!

SuperMunch

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2006, 12:42:12 pm »
    Layonara isn't a good place to do things solo, so make friends to go exploring.

And, most important, have fun!

regnus

RE: Hello to everyone
    « Reply #3 on: June 30, 2006, 12:54:23 pm »
    Try this link for more information Start Here

And most importantly, have fun!

Fortnight

• View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: June 30, 2006, 02:17:16 pm »
      I've run out of things to read!

I guess I should go outside and enjoy the nice day...

Maybe I'll hit refresh one more time and see if my character has been approved yet...

one more time...
      once more...
      GAH!

hehe alright, I am going to the pool!
      one more...
      drat!

Ah well, maybe theres some girls my age at the pool... or maybe some slightly older with more revealing outfits!

Fortnight!

ZeroVega

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2006, 02:30:24 pm »
      I'm going to take a wild guess here, just a guess you know, I'm totally flying blind but I'm thinking you're a teenager (or very close to it)...  :)  Welcome Brotha!

Nyralotep

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2006, 03:00:57 pm »
      Hello and welcome.

Ne'er

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2006, 03:19:30 pm »
      *seconds ZV's post*

Welcome aboard!

Fortnight

• View Profile
        « Reply #8 on: June 30, 2006, 04:03:40 pm »
        Alright, the pool was lame... full of 9 an 90 year olds, yuck, I'm not that twisted!

It's not fair!

It's only nice here about 2.5 months of the year, the rest of the time all the girls bundle up in layers that would make an army ranger envy thier bullet-proof..ness. Wheres the bikinis!?! Wheres the hot girl from school that doesn't know I exist!! She's supposed to be sunbathing in something resembling her underwear!!

It's just not fair! hehe.

I know patience is a virtue, but I'm about out of virtue.
        *checks the approval page again*

I wish I had a motorcycle *sigh*

Well.. at least I have a little brother, now all I need is a hose, some big rubber bands and a diversion, maybe I can salvage something from the day untill my character is allowed in.

Fortnight!

ZeroVega

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2006, 05:04:42 pm »
        Fortnight... I have a great prank involving apple sause, a ladle, a pair of horse shoes, some tweezers and a pair of leather lederhosen... PMing you now. (Kidding) Going to assume by that last post of yours too that I hit the nail on the head with the age comment. Does your uncle still play on Layo? We have ways to entertain until people get in game.

Gulnyr

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2006, 05:21:08 pm »
        ZeroVega - 6/30/2006  8:04 PM

leather lederhosen...

Since Lederhosen is German for "leather pants," leather Lederhosen is kinda funny.

Fatherchaos

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2006, 05:32:14 pm »
        Hey mate, not sure why you wish for a motorcycle - but after having owned one - I completely gave up all four wheeled vehicles for the last 5 years. I bought a cheap truck recently, to haul loads. Other than that . . . bikes rule, cars drool. :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2006, 05:49:25 pm »
        Funny but I've seen lederhosen made from just about anything you can think of. Seems these days you even have to specify what everything is... even APPLEsauce. Since when does a sauce made from pears constitute calling it applesause?!

Eight-Bit

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 06:38:48 pm »
        ZeroVega - 6/30/2006 8:49 PM Funny but I've seen lederhosen made from just about anything you can think of. Seems these days you even have to specify what everything is... even APPLEsauce. Since when does a sauce made from pears constitute calling it applesause?!
         Because it's apple sauce with pears in it, thusly becomming pear-apple sauce. Pears with apples. Pear apple.
          You owe me sixteen dollars. I don't explain the secrets of the universe for free.

Fortnight

• View Profile
          « Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 07:15:44 pm »
          My uncle doesn't play much anymore, he works out of town most of the week and only gets back here late friday, then leaves early monday too, so he's busy catching up. I live downstairs from him, it's cool though, he takes me for rides on his motorcycle on the weekends and he took me, my brother and his kids off to a renessaiance festival where we got to strap on armor and whck each other with wooden swords, that kind of stuff. I also have no idea if I spelled that right.

But hey! I'm approved!

Yeah, though, when my uncle gets back tonight I'll tell him that I got a character approved and maybe he can tell me who some of you all are :)

Fortnight!

ZeroVega

« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2006, 08:05:54 pm »
          *blows on a squeaky trumpet* Da-da-da-da! No need for him to introduce me! I am ERVOZEGA HTE NAMGIFNICENT! (And dyslexic.) I am a beacon of truth and light in an otherwise evil and lost world. I am a true justicer among imposters and... aww who am I kidding... I'm a sixteen year old nerd who thinks he's all that and a bag of chips...

ZV, Out

Fortnight

• View Profile
            « Reply #16 on: June 30, 2006, 08:18:45 pm »
            Thats alright, I'm 17, got no car, got not job, got no girl... but I got lots of free time... bet I can spend some of it here!

Fortnight!