The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Accented letters  (Read 347 times)

Marswipp

Accented letters
« on: June 12, 2005, 08:19:00 pm »
I have a question about accented letters: How do I get them in-game? *curious*
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Variable

RE: Accented letters
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2005, 08:43:00 pm »
I think there is a keyboard setting that changes the key settings so that you always have accents. I don't know which one it is though, sorry.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2005, 11:34:00 pm »
Also theres a 3 or 4 digit code for each funky character.

You can get almost any character to show up by... I think its holding alt and putting in the appropriate code on the numpad.

freemen2

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2005, 06:10:00 am »
WoW telling about ASCII Talen, hadn't heard that in a long time LoL:
http://www.cdrummond.qc.ca/cegep/informat/Professeurs/Alain/files/ascii.htm
Table 2 is where the accents are ;)

Marswipp

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2005, 07:07:00 am »
I was able to copy and paste the accented letter I was wondering how to get into my character's name.

Thanks for the help.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

freemen2

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2005, 07:10:00 am »
Alt + Dec. #s, release Alt and the letter you want should show-up *shrugs* try it in notepad ;)

FraterAudcal

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: June 13, 2005, 07:44:00 am »
    Yeah, you said you copy and pasted it. If you want to keep doing that, I'd open the "character map" which should be under "System tools" in the "Accessories" part of the Start menu. That alt + #s thing works good though.

lonnarin

« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2005, 10:06:00 am »
    heheh, some of these look like they could be used in game for Runic depictions in linguistic puzzles.  The steam would really shoot out of the player's ears when they try to read an encrypted note and its all

"¦¦++ ++ --o  ÿ+¦¦ ñ¢¢É "

Lore check DC 20 reveals 1 character substitution/ 2 pts above 20.  If the lore check is incomplete, then the players would have to make substitutions based on logic.  Man I miss decipher script.

I do things similar to this with foreign languages and encryption for PnP puzzles.  For foreign languages somebody doesn't know, I usually use Nordic/Dwarven and Tolkien's Elven runesets accordingly, and sumerian characters when deciphering magic script.  Standard thieves guild encryption uses any character set and each word has a different meaning.  Completely encrypted text without needing to seem like something else is most often anagramed heavily.

RouterBlade

« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2005, 10:09:00 am »
    Lol thats awesome lonnarin