The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: An hour late  (Read 78 times)

Pseudonym

An hour late
« on: December 15, 2007, 08:04:36 pm »
Tonight's (or maybe it's tomorrow morning for you?) quest - The Great Switcherooni - will have to be run an hour later than originally scheduled. I'll update the calendar entry now.

I apologise for the mucking around - I organised the time of the quest at the same time as my kid's school Christmas carols concert. I have visions of it being like one of those American sitcoms where the sad little kid looks up into the audience and sees an empty seat where his Dad is mean to be .. you know, the seat right next to the very angry looking wife.

If we make it an hour later it can be like one of those very same sitcoms but the one where the kid is expecting the seat to be empty but looks up to see his Dad smiling proudly at him and everyone feels all warm and fuzzy and then they go home arm in arm and the Mom makes some wholesome eggnog and the family sit around the piano before the youngest child (precocious yet endearing) makes some wisecrack that leads to canned laughter as the credits roll.

Anyways, lets go with that second scene, see you there!

The following users thanked this post: Stephen_Zuckerman, LordCove

LordCove

Re: An hour late
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2007, 01:35:46 am »
Isn't that the one where the child gets up on stage and thanks his dad for being the best dad in the world.... and Steve Martin stands up from his seat to raptous applause and takes a bow?

Hehe... no problems matey. Better that than the alternative.

The son in the bell tower with the high powered telescopic rifle, taking shots at passer-bys shouting " My dad never loved me!"

- Parenthood

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2007, 05:20:59 am »
Ah, Parenting.

Though of course you realise that I'm never going to forgive EITHER of you for getting me up at five in the bloody morning for no reason. ;)

LordCove

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2007, 05:26:46 am »
Five in the morning? Thats nothing. Just consider it having early start to the day.  ;)

DMOE

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2007, 06:45:28 am »
*remembers Mich's WLDQ*

Trying to go to bed at 9pm to wake up at 1.30am to be ready for 2am to run to 6am....

Then having breakfast with my man at 6am, getting the kids up at 7.30 to take Natalya to school and look after Gwilym all day....

Rinse and repeat....

Oh yeah and there were many sessions Regnus cancelled at the last minute for a variety of reasons.....and by last minute I mean 5 minutes after it was supposed to start

5am is nothing!

And yeah.....My man said if I ever consider doing that again for anything BUT my own WLDQ he will simply yank the router cause after 2 weeks I was very ill having spent a few 36 hour days awake...

*realises she is ranting*

And yeah...this giving up smoking lark.....I HATE it....

LordCove

« Reply #5 on: December 16, 2007, 08:09:35 am »
5am is nothing!

5am is nothing... when there's no kids or work to worry about.  

Put kids in the mix... and its a whole different bowl of cookie dough.  

:)

anything