The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Attion to all Paldians  (Read 288 times)

Grid Blader

Attion to all Paldians
« on: October 18, 2006, 10:43:53 pm »
Out side of Hampshire and out side of Hlint there are war horses.  The one out side of Hamphire almost died from the ants attacking it.  Please claim your horses before they do die.

// not sure of what is going on, I am not sure of how it works but I checked and there were not Paldians on the server.

Dorganath

RE: Attion to all Paldians
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2006, 05:21:32 am »
Yes, please guys. Take care of your warhorses and dismiss them when you are done with them.
  I saw one last night outside of Hlint right on top of the point where a goblin spawns. This is hardly an appropriate way to treat such a privilege.

jjkolb

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2006, 05:27:52 am »
I am the guilty party here. It seemed to happen when I had the warhorse in party and I tried to talk to my ox. Or it was when I had the ox in party and tried to talk to my warhorse. The warhorse then became buggy and would not talk to me. There was no DM on to dismiss them.
  I guess I could try to test it further but didn't think it high priority enough to deal with now. This should be moved to Bugs.

blfarris

• Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2006, 11:03:22 am »
There is one also at Karthy Docks, in doorway to Karthy

Talan Va'lash

Re: Attion to all Paldians
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2006, 12:44:54 pm »
I took care of the one by the ants and the one in the goblin wastes last night.

Gul reported that Klaugs horse kept not responding and duping when he summoned it again. There were no 14+ Paladin's on when i killed them off so.. something must have been messed up since they would normally disappear when the PC that called them logged off yes?

Also, note, the warhorses are very tough to destroy. either that or they have a very long corpse decay time. If two horse corpses are still rotting in the GM area then thats what they're from.

Dorganath

« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2006, 01:39:19 pm »
I cannot say for sure that paladin warhorses disappear when their paladins log off. In fact, I'd say they don't, because that's not how the system is currently coded.
  Paladin warhorses are also raiseable, which is why their corpses stick around. You have to destroy them through other means.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2006, 07:38:08 pm »
Dorganath - 10/19/2006  2:39 PM    I cannot say for sure that paladin warhorses disappear when their paladins log off.  In fact, I'd say they don't, because that's not how the system is currently coded.
  Paladin warhorses are also raiseable, which is why their corpses stick around.  You have to destroy them through other means.
 Ah, I tried using the destroy object-majigger on the corpses to no effect.

Eight-Bit

Re: Attion to all Paldians
« Reply #7 on: October 19, 2006, 10:40:46 pm »
Yea, the one in Karthy was mine. I crashed with it out. These things happen sometimes. It wouldn't let me preform any actions to dismiss or otherwise make it go away.

Weeblie

« Reply #8 on: October 19, 2006, 11:32:07 pm »
Talan Va'lash - 10/20/2006  4:38 AM  
Dorganath - 10/19/2006  2:39 PM    I cannot say for sure that paladin warhorses disappear when their paladins log off.  In fact, I'd say they don't, because that's not how the system is currently coded.
  Paladin warhorses are also raiseable, which is why their corpses stick around.  You have to destroy them through other means.
 It was maybe set to plot/invurnable? :)

Dorganath

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2006, 05:34:43 am »
Weeblie - 10/20/2006  1:32 AM  
Talan Va'lash - 10/20/2006  4:38 AM  

It was maybe set to plot/invurnable? :)
 If that were the case, you couldn't kill them.
  Raiseable corpses have to be destroyed in other ways than our standard bag-of-tricks.
  *stamps "Working as intended" on it*  :)

jjkolb

« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2006, 06:20:03 am »
Dorganath - 10/20/2006 8:34 AM   *stamps "Working as intended" on it* :)

Er, um, except for the bug that caused my warhorses to be unresponsive:The incompatibilty of warhorses and oxen. I don't remember the exact details of the bug, but I am willing to work with a DM to pinpoint the problem sometime.

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2006, 06:23:26 am »
heh...wasn't talking about that part :)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2006, 09:33:15 am »
Dorganath - 10/20/2006 9:23 AM   heh...wasn't talking about that part :)

The only thing that needs to change about the script, in my opinion, is they must be unable to be booted from parties, and they should destory themselves and recreate themselves upon logging off or logging in. If that is even possible.

anything