The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Away For A Few Days  (Read 143 times)

Carillon

Away For A Few Days
« on: May 12, 2008, 07:37:05 pm »
Just a quick note to anyone who's looking for either me or one of my characters in the next couple of days that you may find it harder to catch me online than usual. I'm on Vancouver Island doing some volunteer work in schools for the week and am very busy, but I'll likely be home again this weekend.

Ciao!

Carillon/Cailina

Edit: Oh! As a random aside, if you're curious about what Vancouver Island looks like, take a browse through landscapes, nature, wildlife, etc in this photo gallery.

That's where I grew up before I became a city girl!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, miltonyorkcastle, Hellblazer

miltonyorkcastle

Re: Away For A Few Days
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2008, 11:01:20 pm »
....only it's cold up there.... :p

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2008, 11:32:57 pm »
nah it's not cold in bc come to Quebec.. and feel the winters here. It's not unusual to have -20 to -30 and celcius and sometime lower. here in Montreal in the peak of the winters.

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2008, 05:25:34 am »
get a holiday in Siberia, or at here in Northern Karelia of Finland ;) (or Lapland *shivers*)

ycleption

« Reply #4 on: May 13, 2008, 08:47:08 am »
[Cracks about Canadian weather], [Mountie joke], [I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok...], etc, etc..

Seriously, though, have a good trip, enjoy all that glorious landscape up there.

Carillon

« Reply #5 on: May 13, 2008, 09:46:29 am »
*giggles* You're kidding, right?

Southern Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands have what is probably the mildest climate in Canada. Our average summer temps are in the mid 20s in Celsius (that's 70-80 for you Fahrenheit folks) and it rarely dips below 0 degrees Celsius, even in the coldest parts of winter (32 degrees F).

If you want to mock us, mock us for our rain. (It's classified as a temperate rain forest biome.)

anything