The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Awesome Client Side Hak  (Read 327 times)

Eight-Bit

Awesome Client Side Hak
« on: March 18, 2007, 01:33:16 pm »
ACP Alternative Combat animations v3 - Override version -- Neverwinter Nights 2 Vault

New combat animations. Just installing it now myself. Make sure to create backups of the folders you install it to, just in case.

It's not a required file. Just some niftyness.

It has an assassin, kenasi, heavy weapon, and rapier style.

Pankoki

Re: Awesome Client Side Hak
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2007, 01:42:51 pm »
Please bear in mind that these do not work with the new cloak models, so if you dont like seeing stiff cloaks do not download this. I don't want to see any bug reports related to this...! :p

Witch Hunter

« Reply #2 on: March 18, 2007, 01:51:43 pm »
Are you sure they don't work with the new cloaks? :(

Eight-Bit

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2007, 01:55:24 pm »
It also covers everyone in combat, not just you. Keep that in mind.

Though I suggest heavy weapons. :) It's pretty awesome.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2007, 01:57:52 pm »
but what about the cloaks?... :(

Kindo

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2007, 02:02:51 pm »
Hah! Looks great! Thanks for this. Stiff cloaks is a small price to pay... at least for now. ;)

EdTheKet

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2007, 03:26:55 pm »
I think from Pan's post that it's clear that they don't work with cloaks.

Witch Hunter

« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2007, 03:28:14 pm »
Oh.. well I was hoping he might be wrong *chuckles*

ah well...

Acacea

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2007, 12:30:39 am »
He's not wrong; the animations (whether hak or override) do not work at this time with the cloaks. Stiff, clipping, go through ground, etc. Ragnarok is supposed to update sometime but since real life and projects hit him just like everyone else, who knows when that will be - it's been a long time!

I use this override sometimes, depends on what I am playing, but not usually for Layo because of the variety of combat styles needed, really... plus I love Acacea's cloak. ;)

I use the assassin ones usually for the characters I play by myself, but that looks pretty weird with two handed weapons or shields, which are pretty common in Layo (heavy weapons as eight-bit recommended). In the hak version you can switch between the animations, but for override (the version you need to see it on Layo) you may only have one at a time. :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: March 22, 2007, 03:51:25 am »
So these override ALL the combat animations for EVERYTHING?  Thats odd....  To bad the hak isnt a layo req....  *grins* Oh well...  I'll see what happens...  To the Over-ride Folder!!!

Kindo

« Reply #10 on: March 22, 2007, 08:41:52 am »
I love it. I use the Kensai style when fighting Unarmed, and it includes all sorts of cool helicopter kicks and what not. It looks pretty well when fighting with two-handed weapons as well, although I think the Heavy weapon version suits that better. In any case, I think it looks great, and I barely notice the stiff cloaks anymore. Too busy gawking at the combat animations! This wouldn't be a problem, though, if the cloaks could be made invisible in the first place...

Eight-Bit

« Reply #11 on: March 22, 2007, 09:57:46 am »
I believe via the closthing customization loom you can make your cloak invisible. I'm not so sure about v3, but I could do it in v2.

Dorganath

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2007, 10:12:11 am »
Most cloaks can yes.  Not all, but most.

A better system for that is coming, but it's not yet ready.

Kindo

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2007, 11:34:41 am »
Ah, I'm looking forward to it. I only have the two quest-rewards, and neither can be made invisible.