The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: BAD GM ing EDTHEKET  (Read 251 times)

BAD GM ing EDTHEKET
« on: June 16, 2005, 02:22:00 pm »
You arent very good at this GM thing are you? Just like griefing charters is not allowed you should have just uninvited when you didnt like being managed to develope the story line or plot. Killing off someone first just cause you dont like being flexiable is a sign of intolerenace.

very low points for you as a GM. Learn to develop the plot with every charter. not just kill them off first.

"REMEMBER: there is movement in all directions..."

You have been managed.

KageKeeper

RE: BAD GM ing EDTHEKET
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2005, 02:34:00 pm »
It was a very good quest actually sir.

Those Gnolls were not placed there by Ed. You ran up to them. You got killed. Not his fault. Sorry.

Sorry you did not like it, but this post is highly inappropriate.

Luna

vgn

« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2005, 02:35:00 pm »
He didn't do anything to you. You ran up to the gnolls. The gnolls are always there. He didn't possess one and try and kill you.

rusleBIFFEN

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: June 16, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »

Agree, the quest was actually quite cool. If yo run into a lair of bad gnoll you must expect to die.

Leanthar

« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
    I am speaking to Pankoki and EdTheKet right now about this incident. You were with other players on a GM run event.  What got you killed was an encounter, an encounter that is there all of the time.  Things were easily seen on the hill.
      You tell me how that is Ed's fault, hmmm?

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2005, 02:47:00 pm »
    The gnolls were pacing around on that hill all the while the RP-hunt was taking place. Everyone could see them, and everyone could avoid them. I said "careful" when we started moving back, and everyone was careful... besides you it seems. Sorry that you got killed, but it was no one else's fault but your own.

Harlas

feniox

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2005, 02:49:00 pm »
    I have to agree with what's already been said, I was on the quest too, and Ed did nothing wrong, the group of gnolls are always there and your own lack of care got you killed, the rest of us did our best to save you but it was no fault of either the group, or Ed.

With regards to the rest of the quest it all seemeed well organised to me, and every body seemed to enjoy themselves except you.

Just because something happens that you don't like doesn't give you an excuse to badmouth somebody over it, especially when 7 witnesses say you are wrong.

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2005, 02:52:00 pm »
    sorry, i went right were everyone else had gone before. First to get killed off by a heard of Gnolls out of no where.  

He was greifing just to keep to his plot. There is no excuse for it.

He should have at least "warned" he did like the development.

Leanthar

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2005, 02:54:00 pm »
    Encounters respawn after a certain time and you know that by now.  I have spoken to the GM, another GM and everybody involved in that quest.  You are wrong, plain wrong and those in the quest (and the party you were in at the time of your death) know it and have stated as such.  It is terrible that you get so angry that you want to run straight to the forums and vent and start a flame war, when it is/was clearly your fault. 
      **The party happened to be in Fort Velensk so they were still together when I logged in to speak to Ed, the other GM, and them.**

Shadowblade225

« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
    The quest was enjoyable and well played and additionally the DMing was quite good.  As all the players who were present stated and now including myself the engagement that got you killed was a routine encounter that's always been there.  Been there for at last the last 7 months since I've had the privaledge of playing here.  Please be more respectful to the GM staff here before ranting on the forums - if you have a concern PM the DM you have an issue with or PM leanther.  However in this case it is unanimously clear that it is the fault of the player.

« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2005, 02:59:00 pm »
    anger has nothing to do with it. This is only a game... but one of you (GMs) broke your own rules! So what is the use having them, rules not GMs?

If someone creates a world in which anything is possible and limits "greifing" then neither should a GM do it just to keep a plot.

GMs shoud have to folow the same general rules as players. full stop.

Leanthar

« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2005, 03:03:00 pm »
    Go back and read what the others are saying, the others that were in your party and on your quest in the same area as you when you died.  It was not Ed.  It was you that happened to get messed up with a normal encounter at that location, it was not Ed placed, it was not Ed controlled.  That is not anybodys fault, except for yours and that is a fact.

feniox

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2005, 03:03:00 pm »
    Agreed, GMs should follow the rules the same as everyone else, but for some reason you are the only person involved that can't see that Ed did nothing wrong. Yes, the gnolls may have "appeared from nowhere" but this is how spawning works sometimes, off the top of my head - the shades in the broken forest and the ogres in the krandor outskirts.

Just because they were not on the screen and then "appeared" does not mean Ed spawned them specifically to kill you.

ZeroVega

« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2005, 03:06:00 pm »
      I'm curious here. What rules did he break? You said griefing... can you describe what happened cause I can't really understand your posts. (Probably my fault a little tired) Just, you know... how did he grief?

« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2005, 03:08:00 pm »
    All go back any look at whatever server logs you have.  My path was the same if not more consevative then anyone else in the party. Already having been asked to pay more than other for the same boat trip.

Edtheket, GREIFED cause he didnt like the development.  He was intolerant of player and did what he wanted to do to solve in his eyes the problem.

everything else is just an excuse for bad GM ing.

Leanthar

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2005, 03:10:00 pm »
    *nods* Yep, I see... Everybody in your party is wrong and you are right...
      That is enough.  You had your say, although clearly you are hot tempered and plain out wrong.  This thread will be locked if this keeps up. 

orth

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2005, 03:12:00 pm »
    I've seen enough, you should be banned.  You will never be welcome on one of mine or Ice's quests. You're thickheaded and won't admit you're wrong.

KageKeeper

« Reply #17 on: June 16, 2005, 03:15:00 pm »
    Tritomtic - 6/16/2005  2:52 PM

sorry, i went right were everyone else had gone before. First to get killed off by a heard of Gnolls out of no where.  

He was greifing just to keep to his plot. There is no excuse for it.

He should have at least "warned" he did like the development.

Griefing to keep his plot??

We were headed back. It was essentially over. We had obtained what we were hunting.

How was he griefing to keep the plot?

I think you are just annoyed that you died. Just like you were annoyed and impatient that we were just standing there for so long trying to figure out what we were supposed to do.

Tough luck.

« Reply #18 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
    The only two people who know the truth, the player who was un-justly killed and the GM that did it.  

Tell me what other view points other players could have had? They were all ahead of me when it happend. I was not leading the pack. I was following and being more careful the anyone else.

please go back and look at your server logs and files. As head of Layonara it is up to you to make up your own mind if not already, against this player, based upon the facts.  

I have nothing more to say other then... VERY POOR GM ing.

Leanthar

« Reply #19 on: June 16, 2005, 03:17:00 pm »
    Thanks kagekeeper, couldn't have said it better.
      "Griefing to keep his plot??   We were headed back. It was essentially over. We had obtained what we were hunting.   How was he griefing to keep the plot?"