The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Can a ranger become a Weapon Master  (Read 34 times)

allneal

• View Profile
    Can a ranger become a Weapon Master
    « on: March 20, 2007, 11:22:14 am »
    title says it all.

i have 13 int  with (2) being racial adjustment however i do not see Expertise an a choice in feats.

Pibemanden

Re: Can a ranger become a Weapon Master
    « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2007, 11:24:22 am »
    The special layo subraces and the skin bonus does not count towards the feats, you will need to have 13 as your base int to get the feat. Also note that the +2 int from the skin counts towards the +12 max to a ability you can get from items/spells.

allneal

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: March 20, 2007, 11:37:34 am »
      Good too know  thanks for teh fast answer

Acacea

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2007, 03:27:06 pm »
      Weapon specialization is a required feat, is it not? Fighter-only feats are a bigger restriction than INT requirements. :)

Eight-Bit

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2007, 03:30:57 pm »
      You're thinking of Weapon Focus, which anyone can take. It's the matter of gathering the 6 feats required to be a Weapon Master which keeps classes other than fighters from pouring levels into it.

A human non-fighter can take weapon master after level 12. That is the lowest level it can be taken after, if I did my math right.

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2007, 04:09:08 pm »
      Hehe...I was actually recalling a problem I had with making one a long time ago, but after thinking about it, I remembered my issue was the weapon and not the feat. :P

allneal

• View Profile
        « Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 10:02:56 am »
        it was an after thought on my orginal character concept any way so it's no big deal that she will never be able toogo weapon master. it just would have been kewl too have a female Dark elf duel wield weapon master. however had i did more resurch first i would have put less into dex and more into int so it's my bad in the end