The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Compound Bows--Failure to Make Question  (Read 34 times)

OldBear

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
Compound Bows--Failure to Make Question
« on: November 13, 2006, 06:43:05 pm »
I was wondering once you have the compound bow cams made of plat and the bow to install them on, I know you use the wood bench.  If you fail your throw for installation, do you lose the cams and the bow or just the two cams?  It would be helpful to know in advance.

Thanks,
Old Bear

Guardian 452

Re: Compound Bows--Failure to Make Question
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2006, 07:01:55 pm »
everything is lost on a failure

lonnarin

« Reply #2 on: November 14, 2006, 10:31:14 am »
Aye, it's one of those areas of physics wherein all natural laws are upended.  For infinite millenia, matter and energy are neither created nor destroyed through any process.  Annon yonder crafting benches however, a vortex pops into our resident dimension and sucks all materials into the void of entropy.  One would think that said materials would be transformed into bits of mangled metal and sawdust or possibly even a smoke-like puff of gaseous transmutation.  Sadly this is not the case.  Whereas hammering ores into armors and weapons can sometimes result in recycleable materials, combining said metal with wood-based products results in endoapocalyptic matter/energy transferrance.  DIgital matter is a tricky thing however, and as the relationship with large inventories and junkpiles on the ground seem to have a slowing effect upon the world around them, it can be speculated that such matter is instead transferred into the kinetic energy of the environment.  In short, Einstein was indeed correct that matter and energy are one, at least in fantastical microcosms of reality.

Guardian 452

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2006, 10:51:21 am »
I've always chalked it up to the added tension on the bow stave shatters it some times.... you could go with Lonnarin's theory too   ;)

OldBear

• The Angels Guild
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • Followers of Dorand
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2006, 10:56:28 am »
Well thanks for de information. It is as I figured.  As to where it goes, I always figured de energy from when it dissappears, is what dem scurvy mages use to cast fireballs and singe me beard with.