The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Contact question (Boards-Ingame)  (Read 216 times)

Stephen_Zuckerman

Contact question (Boards-Ingame)
« on: October 03, 2005, 01:40:00 pm »
I understand that there is no direct way to send messages from someone not on the game, to someone currently playing (at least that I have found)... So what about indirect ways? Not all players check the forums every time they go on. Is there anyone who makes a habit of passing along things they've seen that concern someone else (ICly), if they've not already responded to it?

I imagine I'm not the only one who can't get on the game while at work, but can still access the forums.

Talan Va'lash

RE: Contact question (Boards-Ingame)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 02:20:00 pm »
hehehe *is at work*

A lot of people tend to read the forums a lot.  Even while they're IG some times.

Often things posted in the wild surge inn category come up in conversation IG.  But my characters only tend to bring them up when its something interesting.. like.... "Hey Acacea, there's a flyer on the inn that says you're wanted for exposing yourself to a group of toranites on a church retreat."

But I'm not really going to pass on like.. "hey, klugger's got your copper ready to pick up next you see him."

Is that kinda what you're asking about?

-TV

Acacea

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:42:00 pm »
Hey now... More like "Acacea, there's a group of ankh-wearing drunkards that claim they're Toranites looking for a brightly colored halfling who hired them some company on their pilgramage...something about women with "From Acacea" tattooed on them? And spiked Holy Water?"

Acacea will gossip about anything she reads unless told otherwise. Sometimes even then. And I check the forums while in game...

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:44:00 pm »
what ever happened to the mail guys that were in towns? We could leave messages to people in there, just wondering.

G

Guardian 452

« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 02:46:00 pm »
A poll was taken and enough people said they didnt use them, so they removed. I honestly found them a hassle as they were.... I kept loosing my mail account.

One can just as easily send In Character PM's over the forum.

G-452

Acacea

cptoad

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2005, 02:48:00 pm »
heh well that explaines it :o

G

Etinfall

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2005, 03:38:00 pm »
you can also use the irc. this works alot here is the link.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=14896&posts=17

get your buds to use this if too.

Etin