The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Continents, Islands, and Realms  (Read 315 times)

ZeroVega

Continents, Islands, and Realms
« on: August 01, 2007, 04:41:18 pm »
So, I took a look at the Layonara maps today (smashing good job by the by) and I noticed that names have changed, realms have been added, and it seems to me there are more (and yet less) islands and continents than before.

With that said, my question is this. What's the deal guys? I leave and everything changes? Do you think this is funny? Is this some kind of joke to you? *cough* On a more serious note, I was wondering if there's any sort of rough description that can be given about these places for possible character submissions. Obviously Mistone is still a pretty safe place, but Dregar, the continent that was at one time Rilara, things like that. Are there "safe" realms and "unsafe" realms or are they all pretty much potato potatoe, and would one need to know anything about the rulers of these realms. Just a' wonderin.

Niles09

Re: Continents, Islands, and Realms
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2007, 04:44:06 pm »
Welcome back Zerovega :)

So far I know its pretty much like always, except everything is much more gloomy and such because of the dark ages, but anyway, I've been wrong before :P

Niles09

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2007, 04:45:07 pm »
Welcome back Zerovega :)

So far I know its pretty much like always, except everything is much more gloomy and such because of the dark ages, but anyway, I've been wrong before (and haven't been much around myself either :p )

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2007, 05:18:50 pm »
Check out the newer content under the "histories and lore" section of the forums. You'll have to wait for the new handbook to be released for more detailed and just plain more content.

I think you should work up a few character ideas, their backgrounds, then if you have questions as to whether they will fit in the world or not, ask in the "Ask a GM" forum.

And what happened to Tathnolu? (that was your main PC's name, right? lords it's been so long since you've been in-game)

LynnJuniper

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2007, 06:03:46 pm »
Its in the works, and lots of progress has already been made.

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2007, 06:48:50 pm »
Welcome back, great to see you....yea, there have been tons of changes.  Keep poking around and see what's new....it's like discovering things all over again.  Hope to see you in game :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2007, 09:47:18 pm »
Thanks for the help, I'll wait for the handbook. (I'm predicting a "Best Seller" with all the custom content being added. Name changes and what not.)

And yeah, it's been a while, at least seven months the way I count it, probably longer. I'm looking forward to getting back in game for some R&R... though, we all know you get neither on Layonara. It's pretty much the most stressful and tiring entertainment eva.  :)

ycleption

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2007, 10:22:47 pm »