The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand  (Read 293 times)

Tanman

Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand
« on: February 25, 2011, 08:32:45 am »
As some of you might have heard you might have heard of the Earthquakes that have hit Christchurch.

Just to let you know that I am safe, I am in Wellington so no injuries here.

However Christchurch earthquakes have been really bad to the city.

To date there are 100 or so casualties including some  two young 6-7 month babies.

The city buildings are very badly damaged. Christchurch is experiencing aftershocks.

I have three videos that you may watch if you are wanting to find out whats going on (combined an hour in total of footage):

YouTube - Christchurch Earthquake Special: 60 Minutes NZ - How it Unfolded - Part 1

YouTube - Christchurch Earthquake 2011 - widespread damage, multiple victims and many unaccounted for

YouTube - Christchurch Earthquake Special: 60 Minutes NZ - The Saddest Story - Part 2

Our international friends from USA/Australia/Japan have brought along search and rescue teams and helped out tremendously.

I just thought you might like to know whats going on in more detail just in case you saw on the news there.

gilshem ironstone

Re: Earthquake in Christchurch, New Zealand
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 09:16:58 am »
I have been following along and am very happy you are safe.  I hope the same for your family and friends, and send my thoughts to the people of Christchurch.  Best Wishes.