The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Flu Sucks...  (Read 279 times)

Vyris

Flu Sucks...
« on: November 13, 2007, 08:07:04 pm »
A lot..

'nuff said.

Vyris

darkstorme

Re: Flu Sucks...
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2007, 08:36:42 pm »
While I don't mean to seem unsympathetic, does anyone else see the irony in someone with the nom de plume of "Vyris" laid low by influenza?

Falonthas

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2007, 08:37:45 pm »
maybe its bacterial

Frances

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 08:44:09 pm »
Quote from: darkstorme
While I don't mean to seem unsympathetic, does anyone else see the irony in someone with the nom de plume of "Vyris" laid low by influenza?

I was thinking the same thing...

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2007, 09:39:05 pm »
*L*

Oh, I know how bad the flu can be. Got hit with a mild case that I threw off a few weeks ago. A few months before that, I was completely off my feet (and even my computer!) for a week or so.

Vyris

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2007, 11:36:31 pm »
Fruity pebbles are NOT good 'sick food'

They definitely look better in the bowl you eat from, rather than the one you flush....

Vyris

bobby1361

« Reply #6 on: November 14, 2007, 02:35:52 am »
I love being ill,  i get off school nd stuff so i get more time to layo!
Not been ill for ages....anyway hope ya feel better soon vyris.

Carillon

« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2007, 04:38:33 am »
Fruity Pebbles are not good sick foods period! (Some might argue they aren't even good food ...)

As someone with too many opinionated relatives in healthcare or medicine of some kind, I've been told precisely what to eat when you have the flu on more than one occasion, so let me share my wisdom:

I recommend fluids and nice soups if you're pretty nauseous still. Water, juice, tea (but not coffee), that sort of thing. Chicken noodle soup is the classic, but anything with lots of broth that doesn't offend your already delicate stomach further is good. Gelatin or jello is also good sometimes.

As you start to feel better, add foods back gradually. My Nana (grandmother) still swears by something called the B.R.A.T. diet (banana, rice, apple, toast) when you're recovering from the flu and still feeling a bit sensitive, but I think the idea is fairly bland, non-acidic foods. Nothing spicy or anything like that!

Anyway, good luck, and here's hoping you feel better soon. :)

Xirion

« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2007, 10:19:41 am »
Peperoni helps... not kidding, it's true!

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 01:25:16 am »
I and my roommates are doing fine, but our litte hellcat Squeaker seems to have caught a case of feline flu.  She lost her voice recently, but otherwise seems uninjured, so we think she might have kitty leringitis.  Her meows are getting better again, but a few days ago she sounded all high pitched like a kitten again, but all raspy.  I've had her on a steady regiment of a bowl of tuna juice every couple hours, (kitten chicken soup) and she seems to be getting better.

I figure it was either the flu or she tried to swallow some bug that stung her on the way down.  She doesn't seem in pain, or reluctant to try to meow, so she seems to be on the road to recovery.