The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: For the Second Generation!  (Read 201 times)

ShiffDrgnhrt

For the Second Generation!
« on: January 26, 2009, 08:55:43 am »
Heya folks, I had an idea!  (Some of you might want to run for cover now ;))

Due to an observation from one of our more assute DMs, I thought of an interesting event idea.  A number of us play what was refered to as "a second generation character," meaning the son, daughter, or ward (see: adopted) of a either dead or retired adventurer.  So my idea was, with the consideration of the staff of the Leringard Arms, a story tellers night of sorts for us "kids" to maybe talk about their forebearers(sp?), tell a good story about them, and just RP for a while.  Any one would be welcome to come of course.  I'm sure their are other characters that had/have parents (:P duh) that might be worth talking about.  And then of course any friends of the deceased/retired characters could come to.  Ideally, just a chance to RP and tell some stories.

If anyone is interested in being a part of such an event, or would like to come, post here with what you can do as well as what times and days would be best.  If enough show interest I will work on setting up such an event.  I'd love to be able to put this together.

The following users thanked this post: Chazzler, Hellblazer

Hellblazer

Re: For the Second Generation!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2009, 07:01:03 pm »
that sounds like a good idea. As to wither or not I can attend, it highly depends on when it is done. Also, the fun about having 5 other brothers and sisters.. is that they are many of them around to tell the stories of their parents hehehe.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2009, 02:16:28 pm »
Only one person is interested?  Gee...  thats encouraging...

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2009, 05:41:19 pm »
Quote from: ShiffDrgnhrt
Only one person is interested?  Gee...  thats encouraging...

I think it's interesting, just don't have a PC kid of a PC. I'd think the lack of response is more for reason like mine than lack of interest or thinking the idea has no merit.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2009, 05:44:02 pm »
Well, does/did Ark know Cole Norseman?  Does he have a story to tell about him?  You don't have to have a Kid PC for this.
And then of course any friends of the deceased/retired characters could come to. Ideally, just a chance to RP and tell some stories.

Acacea

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2009, 10:41:14 pm »
Well, for myself, I do play a second generation character, but it's not something he as a character is likely to attend... especially since the first one is not really dead or retired, heh.

anything