The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Gems, Appraising and selling  (Read 86 times)

DanMacNWN

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
Gems, Appraising and selling
« on: June 28, 2005, 06:45:00 am »
Maybe i'm missing sometthing here but what good does it do to pay the priest 10gp to appraise your gems that you cut if the pawn guy only buys stuff at 1gp no matter what anything is worth. Do you sell gems somewhere else that I haven't figured out yet? Are they used for something other than money (and enchanting I assume) thus other PCs might actualy buy them from you? I'm lost as to the function of gems and their value so any information would be graetly appreciated. :)

vgn

RE: Gems, Appraising and selling
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2005, 07:06:00 am »
Gems are used to craft jewelry. They can also be infused as well as enchanted. Once infused or enchanted they then have potential other uses. They can of course also be sold, but like most everything else you won't get much for them. The dusts also have quite a few uses in alchemy and scribing.

regnus

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2005, 07:15:00 am »
You may want to check this page as well.  It lists the properties of gems once they are crafted.

http://www.layonaraonline.com/player_info/gem_properties.asp

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2005, 06:49:00 pm »
I think the healer gem appraisal thing is a leftover from an old system that was in place.  Not sure though as I was never around when there was much point to it.

Thunder Pants

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2005, 07:14:00 pm »
yes the healer gem apraisal is an old system from a long time ago, most likely it's linked in with the healers script and as such is why it has never been removed

anything