The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: GM Help (If anyone has a moment)  (Read 95 times)

ZeroVega

GM Help (If anyone has a moment)
« on: June 13, 2006, 10:03:21 am »
So, I'm down in the Underdark looking for a drow city, which of course I haven't been to in many many months, so I'm totally lost. I cast Greater-Sanctuary (and no, I wasn't invisible at the time, nor was I before I cast it) and start looking around... but lo and behold I crash. So, I come back and run to a safe area. For some reason it won't let me dispell my G-Sanc or cast spells so I shrug and continue. I pass several Duegar and none see me but when I seesomespiders (spiders whose thorax I can whoop), they see me and start to attack. Now, I freak out and try everything I could think of to dispel the G-Sanc, cast spells, use items... nothing's working so I figure I'd log off while I'm still alive and as for help (as I'm level 20 and having a SS cut is a big possibility.)
  Would this warrant GM assistance or am I as good as dead. If the former just let me know when you'll be logging on and we'll get this worked out, if the latter, just pray for me. :)
  ZV-

Weeblie

Re: GM Help (If anyone has a moment)
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2006, 10:27:56 am »
Only 3 ways to break out from greater sanctuary:

1. Attack something.
2. Use dispell rune/sanc return rune.
3. Let it expire.

I would really, really like this to be changed to as all invisibility spells. I.e. casting breaks you off it automaticly.

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2006, 10:30:50 am »
Yes, I'm aware of all three of them. Option number three is not an option because as soon as I log in I'll be attacked. Option number one is not an option because attacking does nothing to dispel it at this time (I believe it's because I crashed with G-Sanc active). And option number two has not worked both times I've tried, spells still fizzle. Also, as the creatures are static and not spawned, there should be no fear that I will escape unscathed except by GM intervention.  :)

Weeblie

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2006, 10:41:50 am »
Ouch! :)

ZeroVega

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2006, 02:03:24 pm »
Guess I should just log in at this point and accept my fate eh?

darkwulf365

« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2006, 02:39:58 pm »
Handled :)

minerva

« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2006, 11:36:44 pm »
awww... I warned him about the spiders  *winks*

anything