The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Graphical glitch  (Read 371 times)

Pibemanden

Graphical glitch
« on: October 20, 2012, 11:49:11 am »
Hey everyone, I have recently installed nwn on a new compter and I have found this annoying glitch:

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=143393&ppuser=1857

I can't remember how you fix this, the problem isn't stuff lacking textures, I can live with that, the problem is the big box originating from Storolds cloak which makes it impossible to navigate.

Aphel

Re: Graphical glitch
« Reply #1 on: October 20, 2012, 12:13:07 pm »
Tried reinstalling already? Maybe something with the shaders, if you are using a hak or override for that?

Hellblazer

« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2012, 02:25:53 am »
Quote from: Pibemanden
Hey everyone, I have recently installed nwn on a new compter and I have found this annoying glitch:

http://forums.layonara.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=143393&ppuser=1857

I can't remember how you fix this, the problem isn't stuff lacking textures, I can live with that, the problem is the big box originating from Storolds cloak which makes it impossible to navigate.

PC or mac? if PC did you install and run using the administrator options? (right click on the icon, properties, compatibility, check box run as administrator.)

Chazzler

« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2012, 05:16:37 am »
That looks like Either video drivers incompatibility with NWN's OpenGL or something wrong within the NWN installation you have.

tom bombadill

« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2012, 07:04:04 pm »
could be the video driver is not set or scripted to run the older needs of NWN.

since you say it is a new computer and i am assuming you are trying to run on the default graphics drivers provided. You may want to try NGOHQ.com or other sites like that for a modified driver. they typically alter scripts to enhance and increase quality or frame rates. To avoid spending too much time and having to become a video driver guru to solve this, assuming it is drivers, I would just try a few different ones and play with the settings.

good luck

Pibemanden

« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2012, 09:41:03 am »
Thank you for your advice :) I think I have an idea of what my problem is now

anything