The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Half-Giant question  (Read 53 times)

Harloff

Half-Giant question
« on: November 21, 2005, 01:16:00 am »
I meet Roxx a Half-Giant in Hlint and was surprised to see that he didn't look like the rest of the half-giants he was ven able to costumize his equipment. I asked him how this was possible and he told me that he was a human with a half-giant subrace, whereas everywhere i have looked on the forum the half-giant is listed as a half-orc subrace.

So my question is simply are we allowed to choose whether we want to build half-giants on top of a human or half-orc or are there any rules on the subject? Just being able to costumize equipment is enough for me to chose the human-half-giant combo anyday.

Pankoki

RE: Half-Giant question
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2005, 01:57:00 am »
[orange]No, he mispelled his character subrace line, and instead of it being "Half-Giant" it says "Half-Gaint". It needs to be corrected since it leads to a bad assumption of his heritage and I'm sure that when one of the fine people here that have access to the DB can manage, they will.

Harloff

« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2005, 03:38:00 am »
That may be so but in the server status he is always listed as race: human, subrace: halfgiant. (or misspelled haven't noticed that)

But as i understand you the only way of being a half-giant is by having: race: half-orc, subrace: halfgiant.

Yet his character is bigger than a human and blue.

orth

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2005, 04:00:00 am »
It is just the Server Status page that has the wrong information from his initial character creation attempt.  

He is indeed getting the half giant skin and he is indeed the Half Orc race.

His skin is not applied as the module saves your Appearance the first time you log in (so it doesn't keep needing to change it for subraces)  And since he logged in with the wrong subrace spelled the first time, his appearance was never altered, then it was set.

I will find the time to make a tool to fix this, I hope.

Harloff

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2005, 04:08:00 am »
ahh!!!

Bummer, i thought there was a loophole in order to get a half-giant that could be costumized.

NEXUS7

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2005, 06:18:00 am »
Is not Roxx a lady Gaint ?

Filatus

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2005, 10:23:00 am »

ROFL!

« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »
lol a human with a giant... cant imagine it lol

Etinfall

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2005, 03:49:00 pm »
Hagri... oh nevermind

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2005, 04:10:00 pm »
Spugly !!!! ???? Roxx is no female. And I know the skin is screwy on Roxx but if you read his Bio it fits seeing he is the love child of a human male and a giant female. Ain't Love Grand?

Pen N Popper

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2005, 05:26:00 am »

Is PC Roxx able to still update his appearance ingame?  I mean if he puts on leather armor, do they actually show up on him?  If so, how about all half-giants get created the way he did.

EdTheKet

« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2005, 06:00:00 am »
Pen N Popper - 12/10/2005 2:26 PM Is PC Roxx able to still update his appearance ingame? I mean if he puts on leather armor, do they actually show up on him? If so, how about all half-giants get created the way he did.

No he can't because it wasn't done correctly.
  See here:
  http://www.layonaraonline.com/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=19891&posts=2