The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: A Few Questions Before I Submit My Application  (Read 238 times)

Joseph Silver

• View Profile
    A Few Questions Before I Submit My Application
    « on: October 24, 2006, 06:03:34 am »
    Hello, I just found out about Layonara Online through NWVault.com.  I read the rules and the FAQ, and I have a few questions before I submit my application:

1. Do wizard spellswords learn two spells at each level they improve their spellcasting?  In the CEP, spellswords don't learn new spells and must learn spells from scrolls.  This is different from P&P, where spellswords do learn new spells as they level up.

2. If they don't learn new spells, do they at least get free spell scrolls of the appropriate level as a band-aid solution to this problem?

Weeblie

Re: A Few Questions Before I Submit My Application
    « Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 06:12:12 am »
    I don't think Spellswords will learn new spells, as that part shouldn't differ from the default NWN class.

And, no, I can almost guarantee that you won't receive free spell scrolls. Please be warned that high level scrolls (say, level 8 or 9 ones) are very, very expensive.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 09:19:29 am »
    Theres always a happy scroll merchant sitting in Hlint. :)

Drizzlin

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 03:18:56 pm »
    And a rival one hidding in the shadows!

Polak76

« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 03:40:20 pm »
    Like palemasters, spellswords will not learn new spells as they level in that class.  They only gain new spell slots or increase the level they are able to cast.

No improvement to duration, power, DC..etc.

We have many scribers on Layonara easily covering all spells from 1st lvl to 6th level.  After 6th level they become expensive and harder to find.

Best of luck!
    Polak76

regnus

« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 04:07:30 pm »
    Polak76 - 10/24/2006  6:40 PM

Like palemasters, spellswords will not learn new spells as they level in that class.  They only gain new spell slots or increase the level they are able to cast.

No improvement to duration, power, DC..etc.

We have many scribers on Layonara easily covering all spells from 1st lvl to 6th level.  After 6th level they become expensive and harder to find.

Best of luck!
    Polak76

This is not entirely true since the last update.  Per the LORE page for Spellswords :

Bonus Spells:

Spellswords gain one caster level every other level after the first (respectively at 1,3,5,7,9) gaining all benefits of durations and improved spellcasting, but not any other benefits from their spellcasting class.

I am not sure if that means new spells or not, but the effective casting level on your current spells will increase.

Polak76

« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 09:29:44 pm »
    It sounds like just the duration of the Imbue's from that statement.  I might be wrong but thats my opinon.

Anyway it's definately more appealing these days.

Pankoki

« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2006, 01:59:32 am »
    It isn't just Imbue, it is all their spells and their respective variables. So duration, effective level for damage, and so on. It just has a slightly slower progression than a normal wizard and you still need to purchase scrolls to learn a new spell.

anything