The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: HAve ya missed me  (Read 150 times)

NEXUS7

HAve ya missed me
« on: August 03, 2006, 02:09:37 am »
Well I know I said I was going again but the truth is
I played,

DND online
The interface is just stuped, have have to face things to hit them and the IA is realy silly as you have to walk up to things and be the right distance to do stuff, Tomerader gone very bad, O and you can not see the front of you PC and have to click thoght it to do stuff and its 50/50 if you click on your pc or what your trying to do.

WOW
Never ever again, you think walking in Layo is bad WOW is just nuts.

Battels fild 2
BOOOOOOORRRRRRRIIIIIINNNNNNN after 1 hour.

So as I was playing other online game all I kept thinging was In layo its a lot better, in Layo the players are a lot more in to the game. Try doing RP with some nuts who just loved that football game last night and OOC all the time.

OK so Im stuck a 7 to 9th level, and most of my game time is eaten up with 1/2 logings as I dont have longer but the truth is I missed layo so once i have the game back install on my new Dell M90

Mille and Spugly will be back,

and With NWN2 on its way I hope the big L and the God like DM/world cration team give us Layo Mark2

Which leads me to ask the Big L have you been send a pre copy so as to let you start this tration and if not can we set up an email parttion to get them to send you one.

nexus7

crazedgoblin

RE: HAve ya missed me
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2006, 02:11:50 am »
you just can't beat layo :P

Lilswanwillow

Re: HAve ya missed me
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2006, 04:20:13 am »
ha, looks like a pair of us are back-theres a ton of new players on too!!!!  logged on last night, and I didn't know very many people at all!!!

Faldred

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2006, 05:06:59 am »
Welcome back!  Zug is still stuck in that same range (just a handful of XP away from level 9), though, unfortunately, I won't be online much over the next few weeks.  If you do happen to see him, and I can spare the hour or so, a trip to Haven for iron and other materials is always in order.  :)

For those who didn't see it before, the missus and I are expecting again... only this time, it is going to be twins.  As such, we have to find larger living space, so I'll be spending my prime Layo hours cleaning, packing, and otherwise getting our townhouse ready for sale.

Niles09

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2006, 05:18:12 am »
WUUHUUU!!! Nexus are back! I know a certain drow ranger/rogue who will be very happy to see Mille and Spugle again :)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2006, 09:28:41 am »
*grins and winks*  I knew you'd be back.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2006, 09:48:16 am »
Everyone comes back.  Its like Hotel California.  You can check out any time you want but you can never leave.  I guess that why there is a Hotel Layonara.

NEXUS7

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 09:01:10 pm »
Thanks gang, saying all that Ive not played as I dont have time at the moment I will soon I promiss

MasterOfMuppets

• View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 08:36:56 am »
    Layo is pretty good, i also play Battlefield 2 occasionally. Also play Guild Wars some times.

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 10:06:23 am »
    If you haven't played Civ IV or Heroes of Might & Magic V yet, those too are on the Lonnarin-Approved "Must Play" list.  Civ is just wicked all-around, especially with the Fantasy Realm "Fall From Heaven 2" patch, and Heroes V tweaked up its graphics and gameplay to kind of feel like end-boss Final Fantasy 9 esper-style combat.  Titan's Quest, on the other hand, feels like a Diablo II carbon copy, which is good only if you're REALLY bored and already beat everything else.  I loved Guild Wars' graphics and how they made the exploring areas team-independant, but being only human with 4 classes and nobody RPing got old quick for me.  Then there's Elder Scrolls: Oblivion...  MUST PLAY

In all, such games are but methadone in the grand scheme of Layo.  I quit watching release dates long ago.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 10:15:43 am »
    *nods* Oblivion... oh my god the game rocks so much... And yeah Heroes V is pretty cool and addicting aswell.

Both have my recommendation, hehe. :)

Mendar

• View Profile
      « Reply #11 on: August 13, 2006, 12:21:15 pm »
      Maby its time to return...

Niles09

« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2006, 12:34:22 pm »
      yeah! Menidar come back! now!

darkstorme

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2006, 06:47:21 am »
      lonnarin - 8/9/2006  1:06 PM

...If you haven't played Civ IV ...

In all, such games are but methadone in the grand scheme of Layo.  I quit watching release dates long ago.

*grins* Layonara methadone - an excellent analogy.  Though I feel the Layo heuristic is healthier than the WoW "addiction" because of the active discouragement of true grinding or farming.

And why newfangled Civ IV?  Civ II is still plenty addictive, IMHO.

anything