The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Help Fund Layonara for FREE  (Read 562 times)

Rowana

Help Fund Layonara for FREE
« on: February 29, 2016, 10:52:17 am »
In case you have not noticed, Layonara has some new services for the community, including some new stores. You can read about them here. I have posted some important information about the Burnlounge store in that thread, but I want to emphasize one point in particular here. You can help Layonara simply by getting your FREE Burnpage from the store when they are available next month, and tell everyone you know to either get their own Burnpage from you or through Layonara. A big advancement coming with 2.0 is banner advertising on the Burnpages. You get to choose what ads, if any, you want to place on your page. Then you get a percentage of the commission paid by the advertisers to Burnlounge for everyone that comes to your page. Of course, since all the Burnpages in the Layo community will be coming originally from the store here, Layo will also get a percentage of that commission, in addition to all the sales made through those Burnpages. So, spread the word. Burnlounge 2.0 is coming next month, along with the Burnpages. If anyone would like more information on this, or has any other questions about Burnlounge, feel free to contact me. Dan is very busy with many other Layonara duties, so I am helping him out with this aspect of things. Lane

The following users thanked this post: OneST8, Leanthar, Pandapuff7

Marswipp

Re: Help Fund Layonara for FREE
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 04:16:26 pm »
Burnlounge needs to have multi-browser and cross-platform support.
Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Leanthar

« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 05:09:24 pm »
In 2.0 there will be no more "browser" need. It will be a desktop application, much like iTunes...so that whole thing goes away. But yes I agree.

Now...the Burn Pages for 2.0....yeah I certainly hope it supports more than just IE.

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 06:42:46 pm »
    As with any technology being developed, the initial emphasis is on the most common consumer.  So, Burnlounge will first cater to Windows Users.  I am not sure about whether the Burnpage will be dependent on IE, but I will look into it.  Following is a timeline I received about a week ago:

*Prior to April 10th Burnlounge will launch Ignite 2.0. Ignite handles all of Burnlounge's independent content and 2.0 will make all independent tracks available in an MP3 format.    

*On April 15th your own Burnpage will go up online and your current Burnlounge store will come down.  Burnpages will be activated and we will have the only social network in the world with a monetized channel built into it!

*In late May a Mac version of BL2 will be available!!!  Mac users hang on and use Parallels or Virtual PC until then.  

*On May 15th Burnlounge will go into the movie business!  Bye Bye Netflix and Blockbuster.

*In mid June Canada will be the first foreign country to be opened up for business.  

*Burnlounge will roll out Widget Technology along with BL2.  Now you will be able to move a number of widgets built into your burnpage onto any site of your choice.  This will initially have only a small number to choose from, but users will soon be able to choose from over 300 widgets!  

*Along with BL2 we will all have advertising space on our Burnpages.   Another source of revenue through your store with major corporate players pouring their advertising dollars into online space.

That being said, if you do not fit into the "mold", but would want to use the service if it were compatible with your specs, I suggest contacting Burnlounge and letting them know.  It is only through user feedback that they will know how strong that demand is.

Lane

Nibor21

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 09:46:47 am »
    I'd just like to thank Leanthar for going to the time and effort required to set up the store relationships.

Some like RPGNow, I will in time be using and will ensure I do it through Layo.

However the one link I would really like to see is a version of Tiger Direct for international customers. I need to buy some new PC hardware soon, but while i am willing to help fund Layo, am not willing to do it with  the additional cost of international postage.

I hope some online PC component shop with a UK division is reading this. If so talk to Leanthar!

orth

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 10:12:08 am »
    Quote from: Nibor21
    I hope some online PC component shop with a UK division is reading this. If so talk to Leanthar!

If you could let me know some of the popular UK or European sites for these kinds of purchases, I'll look into affiliation with them.

Nibor21

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2007, 11:17:45 am »
    Hey Orth,

Thanks for the reply.

I use Ebuyer generally, which has both a UK and a US arm. Their affiliate page is at: ebuyer.com - the UK's largest independent online retailer of computers, components, electronics, MP3 Players,cameras, televisions, DVD Players, car audio, software and more...

I also sometimes use Misco. Affiliate page at:
    Computer Parts, PC Components, Desktop Computers, Laptops, Notebooks - Misco.co.uk

Either are good for me, but better to buy from Layo ;)

Chrys Ellis

• View Profile
      « Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 11:05:31 am »
      HOW WOULD YOU LIKE TO GET FREE MUSIC LEGALLY AND HELP LAYONARA AT THE SAME TIME? Well, read on to find out.

A few months ago Dan and I announced one way that the Layonara community can help fund the server, without having to pay anything out of their own pockets. At the time, many of the aspects of the company were still in the planning stages. I am writing to let you know that significant developments have taken place, and that you can share in this great opportunity to help Layonara, and help yourselves in the process.

Layonara is participating in a very new company called Burnlounge. Retailers can open and customize the content featured in their own store. They also get an online page, which serves as a connection to their community, as well as a portal to their own personal store. Click here to view the Layonara Burnpage. Right now your store can sell music, but very soon you will be able to sell movies, and after that video games, ringtones, e-books and more!

The great news is that now you can become a retailer for free, and earn rewards towards free music just for buying and selling music through your store, and also building a community from your own page. The way this works is simple. Simply click here to go to Layonara’s Sign up page. Click on 'Become a Retailer’, in the right hand column. But wait; I’ve saved the best part for last. Just for signing up, you could win up to $100 in Burnrewards! These can be used to buy music, merchandise, and other content as it becomes available.

Everyone that signs up as a Retailer (Free, Basic, Exclusive or VIP) through the Layonara page earns one entry into the contest. For everyone who signs up as a retailer through YOUR PAGE after that, you earn an additional entry into the contest. So, if you sign up, then five of your friends become retailers through you, that will give you six total entries.  First prize is $100 in Burnrewards. Second prize is $40 in Burnrewards, and third prize is $20 in Burnrewards. Even if you don’t win one of the prizes, you still earn rewards from the activity (which soon will also include advertising revenue) in all the pages you hand out, so you can still get FREE music, legally!

So, PLEASE, do Layonara and yourself a favor by signing up for a FREE Retailer package, and tell your friends and family to sign up through you. That’s it. What you do with Burnlounge beyond that is up to you.

If you have any questions, you can e-mail me at LSK@LounginginSD.com.

Lane (Xiao Lin)

PS – Right now Burnlounge is limited to those with U.S. addresses, but they are expanding into Canada later this month and Australia in July. I will keep everyone posted in this thread as these developments take place.

anything