The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Help please  (Read 410 times)

mumbles

Help please
« on: January 17, 2014, 05:59:06 am »
Well i managed to sort the cd codes out , now i have run into anouther problem , does anyone out there have the answer to it please. As i go to log in and select a charecter  , my two old pc arnt there (Danny Hardhammer and Sein alinds) how do i link it all up so my charecters apper in the server vaults again?

mumbles

ok thats anouther problem
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2014, 07:20:17 am »

ok thats anouther problem sorted i forgot to use my old bioware name to login as , next question is what is the address to direct conect to central? seems all my charecters are there and i keep getting booted from west

Dorganath

It's the same address but
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2014, 08:21:16 am »

It's the same address but port 5122.

For reference,  The game tells you where to connect when you get booted.  If you can't read that fast, check your log.

gilshem ironstone

NWN does not give me the
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2014, 10:06:03 am »

NWN does not give me the server address when I get booted now.  It gives the text message "You are being booted... connect to:" and then it is blank.  I will try and get a screen shot for you.

Lance Stargazer

Hi Mummbles.Just a small
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2014, 10:32:29 am »

Hi Mummbles.

Just a small question there. 

It shows you the same if you try to log in both servers?

Cheers

Brutus_Clawfoot

I'm sure you already know
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2014, 11:19:05 am »

I'm sure you already know this but just in case, Layo's server address is "xoralayonara.com" for Milstone and xoralayonara.com:5122 for Dregger. My humble advise is AIM FOR MILSTONE!!! But that won't work if your bot was left on Dreger. (all those years ago)  I myself ran into the same problem especially when each of my three bots died. I literally had to sit around in game (in the death void) for about 30 minutes for a DM to show up and save me. Once she did I was never trapped again. If your bot is locked in the "death void" you are still able to "private tell" anyone who happens to be in game at that time and or the DM channel. Many of this community are either DMs or friends of DMs so if you hang out in the death void long enough while PMing  people and or trying to reach out on the DM channel sooner or later someone should likely be able to come along and sort it out for you. (Assuming that your situation is the same or similar to what mine was)

Lastly, There is alot to figure out here and it may seem a bit complicated and perhaps daunting, but there are very good people here and truely, it is worth the effort!