The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Hey Folks, Server Level Requirements  (Read 211 times)

Chongo

Hey Folks, Server Level Requirements
« on: August 23, 2007, 12:14:15 am »
Please read this post for details on level requirements with the new server dynamic.

This may be altered a bit more as time goes on, as we're still figuring out the general dynamic of the new regions as well as the east/central merge.

So, so many graves north of the crossroads...  :(

Thanks in advance for getting up to speed on this.

The following users thanked this post: Kirbiana

Odranoela

Re: Hey Folks, Server Level Requirements
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 01:48:48 am »
The mountains north of the crossroads are now so close, yet so far...  
But it's a good thing, even though Lino managed well there and didn't die a single time, even when all went to hell and we lost our strongest party members at the maze, it'll stop the Soul Mother of getting overweight with all of those souls, and it will provide better climbing for whoever explores, not having graves all over.

s0ulz

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 04:18:06 am »
Alright, before I knew about this, I took a group of a bit younger adventurers to the Northern Peaks and I must admit, we fared very well.

Although I did warn each one very seriously IG and OOC about how the risks, they decided to join and the result was surprisngly good.

I believe most were level 16 or around that, some around level 14, with a level 20 along too. With a bit of care and tactics we only lost one death and that was due to an ambush spawn and misobidience of leadership.

So I must suggest that rogues be given leeway on this, they can be of great help up there and really make things more fluid.

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 08:25:21 am »
Quote from: s0ulz
So I must suggest that rogues be given leeway on this, they can be of great help up there and really make things more fluid.

Very, very unlikely that any particular class will be given leeway over another.  The level thresholds are there due to the difficulty and XP/reward curve. Whether one class or the other might be more useful is not really the point.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2007, 10:45:53 pm »
*bump*  A reminder that you must be 17+ to go into any caves north of Thunder Valley Crossroads.  Please make others aware of this so we don't get a fun thing taken away.

Thanks!