The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Honeybee: Food for Thought  (Read 340 times)

Pen N Popper

Honeybee: Food for Thought
« on: March 07, 2012, 05:11:23 pm »
I'll be away from my desktop for a week or two so won't be able to get ingame but will have access to the forums. During that time, I'd enjoy thinking about what the next phase of Honeybee's development should be.

In my time on Layonara I've never requested a CDQ. Mostly because I feel that in a player-driven world you should be capable of setting your own goals and making them happen. I have enjoyed the CDQs of others that I've attended, and certainly see their value! For me, though, I like storylines I can accomplish without relying on GM interaction.

Honeybee's accomplishments and personal CDQs so far:

Making healing potions ~ She's at the point that the non-bodak potions are almost trivial; a few more crafted and they will be. This fit well into her storyline and kept her busy.

Baking ~ She's at about 40% on baking pie now, which fits her character well too.

Giving back ~ Her chests are a consistent sight in Center with occasional in-game ones in other towns. She considers them to be one of her duties while assigned to the Prunilla shrine in Center. They're fun but no one really needs anything out of them. (Or they don't realize they can take stuff for use.)

Healing ~ She's been on a few adventures as a "healer." Very fun and definitely the direction she'll continue pursuing. Kind of a farce mostly, though, since potions and bandages are so common. It's rare that anyone really needs healing on her few trips. (Edit: I'm sure if she were 20th level she'd be an awesome partner on trips as a healer; I don't want her to be reliant on levels, though, in order to be called "successful.")

So! What ideas do you have for other personal CDQs I might run her through? They should be things that can be (largely) done without GM or team assistance. I also like being in Center since that's where I get the most interaction and RP. Having to travel to Dregar for the quest, for example, would decrease the chance for RP. (For example, being promoted to Castle Mask's temple, while in-character, would not be fun since she'd never get to see you!)

She's currently 8th level and non-combat oriented; unlikely she'll take up a personal mission to wipe out the Red Light goblins!

RollinsCat

Re: Honeybee: Food for Thought
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »
If Honeybee wishes to expand her opportunities as a healer, the Silver Buckle Clinic is gearing up and Elly and I intend to run group quests for it.  Honeybee is Prunillian, and therefore very welcome to join/help/practice/rp in the clinic or on the SB forums (just start a thread, we'll join in!).

Pen N Popper

« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2012, 05:43:39 pm »
Chatting w/ mixafix in-game...

Perhaps Honeybee can get give out treasure maps to find things for her. Her father, Bumblebee, always was interested in the history of Brownies.

Also suggested was putting a quest chest w/ a body inside that needed to be brought back for healing.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2012, 06:02:44 pm »
Get fire opal dust for continual flame spell so her food chests don't need constant refreshing with light spell.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2012, 06:04:22 pm »
Pie bake sale fund raiser? Get others to donate pies or ingredients.

Or perhaps a picnic basket silent auction (like in musical Oklahoma). The winner of the bidding gets to go on a picnic with the basket maker.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2012, 06:11:53 pm »

Guardian 452

« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2012, 08:15:06 pm »
Go find the recipe for 3 berry pie! lol

*winks at Dorg*

Aphel

« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2012, 08:48:20 pm »
I fear the worst. I can see the towncrier already: "Warriors fight back bandits, undead and monsters in the name of deliciousness! Mistone's largest backery opened in Center!"

Pen N Popper

« Reply #8 on: March 07, 2012, 09:01:32 pm »
A morning coffee shop? Waffles anyone?