The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: how to get involved  (Read 258 times)

solarina

• View Profile
    how to get involved
    « on: December 17, 2006, 05:57:39 pm »
    how does one get involved in the worlds quests ? how does one know who is a DM on at a given time or speak to one . I tryed the /dm thing didnt work. Sorry for noob questions here but thats what i am a newbie. i do look at forum posts ect but theres sooo much posted here hehe so i got alot to read  ;)

Acacea

Re: how to get involved
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2006, 06:12:50 pm »
    Check out the calendar and see if there's anything in your level range (some don't have level limits at all) and sign up, then show up and see if there's room. Don't be scared by the number of names signed up--not everyone who wants to go can make it, so even if there are many signups, you might get lucky. If you need to speak to a DM (like if you're stuck, trapped, have other problems that need DM assistance) you can try the /dm channel, or post here, or log in to IRC and see if there's anyone around that can help.

Most of the DMs have characters they play as well, but in general while most are more than willing to log out and help you if they're not in the middle of something pressing, it's a good idea to try everything else first, to spare some time and hassle. In other words, make sure its an emergency. ;)

If it's just a general question, posting on the forums is good, as is sending a /tell to someone in game who looks like they know what they're doing. IRC is a good place to ask questions as well; there's almost always someone on who can answer.

solarina

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: December 17, 2006, 06:29:32 pm »
      thanks hun . I realy want to make myself a good member herei just left Everquests roleplaying server , firona Vie and other Q servers to start playing here. Much more diffrent but seems a ton better as far as the things you can be a part of ect. I am excited to beging :)

Vyris

« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2006, 08:10:33 pm »
      Welcome to Layonara, we have some immersive stuff to help wean you off your evercrack addiction.

Vyris

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2006, 08:39:39 pm »
      Yeah you left Evercrack and found Nevercrack.
      Happy addiction.  :P

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2006, 03:54:03 am »
      sheesh, givem a break

welcome to Layo... but it is just as bad as evercrack.  specially when you find that quest at 3am that you just HAVE TO set your alarm for....

LordCove

« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2006, 04:20:11 am »
      Warning! Do not Craft!!!!

Otherwise you can kiss your social life goodbye!!

Pseudonym

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2006, 04:54:45 am »

Welcome!

Has anyone told you about the IG taxes and levies that are payable for new character arrivals? Seek out Arkolio de'Averlain in game to make remittance... *bluff check*

Lucius

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      RE: how to get involved
      « Reply #8 on: December 18, 2006, 06:27:56 am »
      Having problems with taxes and bluffish players? Fear no more! For the Toranite Evil-smiting Pack Sapphire Monk Version comes with 5 attacks per round, 14 stunning blows, and a beautiful blue color! Order yours today, for the small price of 299,90 True! Don't miss this offer, it's only for the first 10 who call! 555-TORANSMITES

mumbles

« Reply #9 on: December 18, 2006, 06:54:24 am »
      *chuckles hering lucius*

hawklen

« Reply #10 on: December 21, 2006, 05:07:09 pm »
      *steals Lucius' blue robe as he preachers on his soap box*

Talan Va'lash

RE: how to get involved
      « Reply #11 on: December 21, 2006, 10:44:25 pm »
      Lucius - 12/18/2006  7:27 AM

555-TORANSMITES

*dies laughing*

Shouldn't this be 1-900-TORANSMITES?

Marswipp

« Reply #12 on: December 22, 2006, 01:43:25 pm »
      "TORANSMITES" is already eleven characters by itself Talan...
      Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Vyris

« Reply #13 on: December 22, 2006, 01:50:43 pm »
      why does 1-900-TORANSMITES make me think or Remiel :)

Vyris

anything