The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: huzzahs for ouroboros and rowana!  (Read 194 times)

scifibarbie

huzzahs for ouroboros and rowana!
« on: November 16, 2007, 04:19:24 am »
The Johan quest was great! They deserve big thanks for that fun. In party fighting, action adventure, questions of right and wrong.

It was quite grand...

And yes...one day grenna will stomp the big scary black snake! O.o >:/

Stephen_Zuckerman

Re: huzzahs for ouroboros and rowana!
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2007, 04:23:36 am »
:) I wonder what the bounty on that murderer is.

jrizz

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2007, 07:50:25 am »
this was great fun! I really got to give full vent to Cam's CN. The racial tensions ran super high as did class positions. So a great big thanks to DS and Row. Also big giant kudos to khuren!

Ps i I only wish DS had ported us back tp mariners a tiny bit sooner. So Cam would not have lost a SS on a dumb tired fight :(

Pseudonym

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2007, 08:34:40 am »
Wish I could have made this quest, but for the movie in Youtube alone, DS receives my round of applause!

Falonthas

« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2007, 09:06:53 am »
all the animals gave a collective cheer the instant the bear maw ripped open the chest of their lifes long enemy

shouldve collected the johan pelt for a rug

great fun on a mass of egos, alignments and shifts of stance all do to a cute bear face

Lynn1020

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2007, 10:20:56 am »
It was a lot of fun!  Well except for the SS loss :(

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2007, 10:28:06 am »
Damnit!  I wish I hadnt fallen asleep for this, but it seems Falonthas did my work for me!  Go Khuren!

Frances

« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2007, 10:53:38 am »
Truly a great quest!  Many thanks to DS and Row!

But... if I fall asleep at work today, it's all their fault! :)

Sorry about the SS loss...

Rowana

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2007, 11:11:23 am »
I really didn't do anything! Except try to bribe darkstorme into using nastier enemies.... See? Instigation from with out as well as with in! *shifty* Glad you all had fun though!

*polymorph self into golden bear and looks cute before vanishing into the wood*
~row

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2007, 12:02:06 pm »
Haha, I really wish I could have made this quest, but I was passed out when it started.  I got to watch over Pooser's shoulder a couple of times and it looked like a blast.  I especially liked how Johan was depicted as the withered old geezer after all these years, hunched over and ready to collapse.

darkstorme

« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2007, 12:05:11 pm »
Glad you all enjoyed it. :)  And Row is downplaying her part - were it not for her, a) I wouldn't have been able to have dinner, and thus would've been grumpier throughout the quest, and b) things couldn't have been as prepared as they were, since no one would be there to ride herd on you guys! :)

And while I am sorry about the SS loss, Jrizz, my original plan was to let you guys trek it all the way back to Mariner's.  The 'port was because I was falling asleep at the keyboard. ;)

Falonthas

« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2007, 12:06:45 pm »
he did explode nicely into a blody mess with a bear bite though

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #12 on: November 16, 2007, 12:13:54 pm »
The one thing I hate about NWN is that it's usually impossible to stop an action that's in-progress. I.e. if a player doesn't let other players know what's happening, so they could respond as their characters would love to, or let the DM know, so they can say something... *Shrugs.* An advantage of PnP.

ycleption

« Reply #13 on: November 16, 2007, 01:40:53 pm »
Yes, many thanks to Darkstorme and Rowana.
I enjoyed myself immensely (I probably would have even enjoyed it a bit more if I hadn't been falling asleep...)
But a very imaginative quest, allowing party dynamics to move to the forefront.