The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: I sucessfully snuck by the griffon :)  (Read 33 times)

RomonaBlack

• View Profile
    I sucessfully snuck by the griffon :)
    « on: July 01, 2005, 07:51:00 am »
    I was so happy.  I was worried that i would be killed every time I walked through there after the first time I was attacked.  I was told that my sneak of around 12-13 would not allow me to sneak by the griffs but I did. :D  I'm just joyful that's all.  I'm happy that now it seems that Remy can finally sneak most places around  Port and Hlint without being seen.
    Quick question... Can you be seen if you get too close to the enemy?
    Oh and...does anyone know where a Dire Badger might be?
    And does anyone know where some cotton is?
    -Romona

regnus

RE: I sucessfully snuck by the griffon :)
    « Reply #1 on: July 01, 2005, 08:01:00 am »
    Owen knows where those things are but you should ask him in game.  He would be happy to let you know.  He cant sneak though.  The hat gives him away every time...

RomonaBlack

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: July 01, 2005, 08:08:00 am »
      Great I'll look for you. :)

Trip1888

• Followers of Lucinda
        • View Profile
      « Reply #3 on: July 01, 2005, 11:01:00 am »
      If you see Bido in game, he will tell you where you can find cotton.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2005, 12:19:00 pm »
      Ask any Oldtimer in game they Know where alot of CNR stuff is but you must RP it.

lonnarin

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2005, 03:35:00 am »
      definitely major kudos!  slinking past the griffon patrol is in my mind, is one of the 1st *big* steps in being sneaky on this server.  The thing I love most about NWN is how much the gameplay differs between classes; Fighters and barbs just need to plow on through on faith in their stats, mages and bards can go invisible, and clerics can tangle in platemail to lick their wounds later.  Rogues and rangers on the other hand have that added heart-thumping bonus of walking through swarms of mobs, praying to the gods they wont get caught, and slinking away victorious and more confident in their skills.  You'll truly appreciate it when the ENTIRE group dies except for you, and you have to take a big gulp and tiptoe past their corpses to safety.  Being a sneaker is all about the risk!

I can definitely relate, I just managed to get my ranger Lonnarin to be one of 2 survivors in a 7 man group to escape with his hide intact near those Dregar blue giants.  Walking through 3 area transitions with hostile behemoths staring at you who are stomping in the corner you're hiding as if they're going to attack, just to stop and turn about patrolling... INTENSE!

I'm also a big fan of heavily sneak-capable groups... rogue, ranger, monk, wizard...  silent but deadly!

aragwen

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2005, 03:49:00 am »
      Sneaking is great....my heart always skip a beat if I get to a new area and not sure whether I am going to be spotted or not.
        I still stop dead sometimes when they look at me....and say a prayer to Folian that they dont spot me.. The other day I walked up to the gem golem in Berhagen and could not believe he did not see me...
        And just last night I had to sneak past the pirates in Hurm...that was scary...thought that dwarf was going to see me for sure.....but alas....only Buppi saw me....hehe
        Jacchri