The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Ideas  (Read 2629 times)

Script Wrecked

Ideas
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 07:03:02 am »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pibemanden
               View Post

My suggestion is to scrap the idea of two starting towns for NWN and reintroduce it in the MMO when the number of people playing is likely to increase. Instead introduce Stormcrest as a new starting location and a player hub. ...

As things currently stand, the Stormcrest Crossroads is not really a hub; its an area/location en route between two other hubs (Port Hempstead and Fort Vehl) (and its not really a crossroads). It would really need at least another series of areas that exit to/from it (perhaps there's a ferry on that lake to somewhere; is that Lake Gavasha that its on?)

The other thing is that the Stormcrest Crossroads are sandwiched between to other significant hubs, Port Hempstead and Fort Vehl. They would have to be scaled down significantly in order to get people going to Stormcrest rather than to them. Not saying that can't or shouldn't happen, but I believe it would have to happen to make this work.

Quote:

View Post

• Change the porting location from the Eye of the Storm to Storm Crest, really a no brainer everyone should start here as per original suggestion.

The reason there is an "Eye of the Storm" area is so that when people first enter the module, they don't materialise and dematerialise in front of whom ever might be about as the character is jumped to their previous location.

Quote:

View Post

• Remove the Point Harbour crafthall from the module...

I take it Port Harbour now Mariner's Hold.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Script Wrecked.

Pibemanden

Ideas
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 07:28:49 am »

Quote:

Originally Posted by Script Wrecked
               View Post

The other thing is that the Stormcrest Crossroads are sandwiched between to other significant hubs, Port Hempstead and Fort Vehl. They would have to be scaled down significantly in order to get people going to Stormcrest rather than to them. Not saying that can't or shouldn't happen, but I believe it would have to happen to make this work.

The idea is to scale Stormcrest up really, Vehl and Hempstead hasn't really grown overly much from V2 to V3, yet in V2 people stayed at Hlint even if it didn't have an advanced craft hall. Stormcrest doesn't have to have -everything- just give it a little more and make it closer to the entry point for the west server and things will change due to one certain thing and one thing which takes a shift in player mentality. The certain thing is that if people can x mechanical thing at somewhere, then some will go to that place to do x. The uncertain thing is that people have to accept that they should try to hang out at Stormcrest instead of Hempstead/Vehl.

EDIT: As for the issue of having places to go, I mean really back in Hlint you could go to North Point and Huangjin or outside the gates the nearest transportation to somewhere big was Leringard. As it stands in Stormcrest you can go to Dalanthar, pretty easy access free portals in Hempstead/Vehl or get to the ships easy. Alright you have to move a couple of areas to get to the portals opposed to what you are used to, but does that really make it so that you would -never- consider moving those three areas out to Stomrcrest instead of staying inside the towns.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Script Wrecked
               View Post

The reason there is an "Eye of the Storm" area is so that when people first enter the module, they don't materialise and dematerialise in front of whom ever might be about as the character is jumped to their previous location.

I am not saying that you shouldn't go to Eye of the Storm when you start playing, I am saying that when you take the portal from there you should end up in Stormcrest instead of Vehl/Hempstead

And thank you for correcting the V2 name that got into my thoughts.