The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Is there any rule ....  (Read 87 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Is there any rule ....
« on: September 11, 2005, 06:56:00 pm »
Is there any rule about submitting a character who knows and/or wants to kill one of your other characters? I know that some people play their own siblings ... but I want to be sure before I use up all the good names I think up ...

Talan Va'lash

RE: Is there any rule ....
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2005, 07:36:00 pm »
I don't see why not.  Would be hard if you ever wanted to bring it to fruition though heh.

-TV

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2005, 07:47:00 pm »
If I did it would be in a standoff in a char dev thread ..... don't really want either of them dieing yet ...

Dorganath

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2005, 07:54:00 pm »
Actually, what would be hysterical would be to have one character run by as if he was being chased...then log out, log in the other character and come asking about the first...then go of in the same direction, log in with the other, lather, rinse, repeat.
  Well, at least I think that would be funny.  Probably puts too much strain on the server though.  Nevermind. :)

Chuckles_McChuck

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2005, 08:28:00 pm »
hehe, that would be funny.  I've been dieing to find someone to play Lias brother.  Its been 60 years since hes seen her so he would not recognize her now and she would never tell him who she is.  Thought it would be funny that the brother would come to hate the little sister he swore to protect so long ago.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005, 08:47:00 pm »
Actually, what would be hysterical would be to have one character run by as if he was being chased...then log out, log in the other character and come asking about the first...then go of in the same direction, log in with the other, lather, rinse, repeat.

I think eightbit did this once with Key and Asch ...

Dorax Windsmith

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2005, 09:03:00 pm »
Now I have a whole new purpose on Layonara. *starts to laugh with an evil grin*

Acacea

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2005, 11:18:00 pm »
Zhofe - 9/11/2005  8:47 PM

Totally traumatized Acacea for like a day, too.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2005, 05:46:00 am »
actually, yeah, I have seen it done before between a couple of characters whose names utterly escape me, but it had something to do with a pirate-like character and the master detective after him....

steverimmer

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2005, 11:55:00 am »
When Bilvikki and his clan leader Vilokki first appeared in the game a year ago, Vilokki's only aim in life was to Kill Bil :)

IDii

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005, 11:57:00 am »
I've seen a few people do it. People are weird...

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005, 12:11:00 pm »
steverimmer - 9/12/2005 1:55 PM When Bilvikki and his clan leader Vilokki first appeared in the game a year ago, Vilokki's only aim in life was to Kill Bil :)

Cue the theme song.....

Eight-Bit

« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005, 03:50:00 pm »
Acacea - 9/12/2005  2:18 AM

Zhofe - 9/11/2005  8:47 PM

Totally traumatized Acacea for like a day, too.

And Asch later died, that very day, of something stupid like cold tea disease, or something.

Vincent

• View Profile
    « Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005, 04:42:00 pm »
    LFFF - 9/11/2005  10:28 PM

hehe, that would be funny.  I've been dieing to find someone to play Lias brother.  Its been 60 years since hes seen her so he would not recognize her now and she would never tell him who she is.  Thought it would be funny that the brother would come to hate the little sister he swore to protect so long ago.

I think it'd be funnier if they fell hopelessly in love and got married, and only found out after the honeymoon.

lonnarin

« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005, 09:29:00 pm »
    When I played Gunther, his bear Black Angus was the same one Lonnarin uses as his animal companion.  For those that noticed, I explained that I was really playing the bear who had multiple humanoid companions.

In the next book I'm writing, Angus is actually a druid in animal form.  On Layo, he's all bear ;)