The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Just because... and it was a good time, too.  (Read 122 times)

miltonyorkcastle

Just because... and it was a good time, too.
« on: February 07, 2006, 06:54:33 am »
Just rolled out of a quest run by Dezza.  Not sure if I've ever been on one of Dezza's quests before, but hey, might have and just don't recall.  But that's neither here nor there, I suppose, because I want to make a few comments on a few things I noticed while on the quest.  No worries, mate.  They're good.  *grins*

We were a bit of a smallish party, but a rambunctious one nonethless, and by all means, roguish.  (seriously, Cole was the only character there without rogue levels).  As such, and I don't know how planned this was, but Dezza found a way to include each one of our characters "personally" in some aspect of the quest.  When we got near Bloody Gate, Deiwos got to talk to the dwarves; in Himlad, Ireth ran into an Ilsaren she'd conversed with before; etc. (don't ask what Cole got to do...  *snickers*  though it would have made good soup!....if you like that sorta thing....).  

One of the primary reasons this impressed me, however, was that this party included both characters with "strong" personalities and "shy" personalities.  Yeah, you know what I'm talking about.  Plus, half the party had prior knowledge of the situation, and half didn't, so this quest could have very easily become a "follow the ringleader like we're all henchmen" quest.  But it wasn't.  And I appreciate that.  Even if Cole isn't one of the "shy" types.  *snickers some more*

Thanks for a good time, Dezza, and all the rest of you lubbers that had to put up with a Troll's arse.  *winks*

Leanthar

Re: Just because... and it was a good time, too.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2006, 07:38:27 am »
Good job Dezza.

DMOE

RE: Just because... and it was a good time, too.
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2006, 10:38:27 am »
I'd like to agree with everything Milton Yorkcastle said!!!
  Good job Dezza and thanks for a great quest!
  And I can put up with Cole, he ain't that bad if you ignore his 'pink' armour *smirks*

Rayenoir

• Followers of Rofirein
    • Followers of Xeen
    • View Profile
RE: Just because... and it was a good time, too.
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2006, 10:52:01 am »
DMOE - 2/7/2006  1:38 PM   And I can put up with Cole, he ain't that bad if you ignore his 'pink' armour *smirks*
 Ha!  It's not just me! ;)

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2006, 11:14:22 am »
It's crimson, dagommet!   Crimson!!!  *mumbles*  bloody colorblind, too brightly set monitor, 16 color crimson armor haters.....

DMOE

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2006, 11:16:53 am »
Me thinks the lady, er Cole protests too much *giggles*

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2006, 11:39:06 am »
*slaps his forehead*  This thread was supposed to be for admonishing Dezza, not discusing Cole's pink...err... crimson armor...  

*winks*

DMOE

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2006, 11:41:03 am »
Well we did the admonishing Dezza bit earlier *winks*
  Knew it was pink *snickers*

anything