The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Large crates and Little boxes.  (Read 76 times)

silverdraco

Large crates and Little boxes.
« on: August 01, 2006, 04:28:28 am »
I have a question about the large crates one can buy for in a house and the small boxes one can have in there back pack.
Can I place a small box with items in them In one of those large crates?

I know I can test it myself by loging in but I don't wanna lose anything I might need.

Weeblie

Re: Large crates and Little boxes.
« Reply #1 on: August 01, 2006, 04:31:59 am »
No, you can't put bags/boxes into persistent chests.

It simply won't work... :)

silverdraco

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2006, 06:08:07 am »
oke thanks.

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2006, 09:41:19 am »
wow Imagine if you could place 6 malar bags in a malar bag then place 36 lion bags in those bags and so on.
You could carry half of mistone on you with hardly any weight.
Same goes for placing a chest or any other storage item in another.It would equal unlimited storage.

vgn

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2006, 09:48:46 am »
Granted this has nothing to do with boxes in chests, but I bring it up since magical bags were tossed out in the previous example. In D&D if you stick a magical bag inside another magical bag or portable hole then if I recall correctly it implodes and is not a good thing at all.

Faldred

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2006, 09:53:27 am »
Weeblie - 8/1/2006  7:31 AM

No, you can't put bags/boxes into persistent chests.

It simply won't work... :)

What would be nice, however, is to have a mechanism where if you attempt to put a container in another container, it just empties out the first into the second (up to its allowable capacity).

For example... it would let me dump the contents of my 3 bags of iron ore into my ox pack directly, without having to extract the ore into my inventory and then putting them onto the ox pack one by one.

darkstorme

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2006, 10:12:52 am »
vgn - 8/1/2006  12:48 PM

Granted this has nothing to do with boxes in chests, but I bring it up since magical bags were tossed out in the previous example. In D&D if you stick a magical bag inside another magical bag or portable hole then if I recall correctly it implodes and is not a good thing at all.

In D&D, it's specific to the Bag of Holding, rather than just weight-reduction bags.  Bag of Holding inside Bag of Holding or Portable Hole inside Bag of Holding = catastrophic explosion with a chance of tearing a rift to the Astral Plane, drawing in everything in 50 feet before sealing again.  (If you reverse the order, you get a Sphere of Annihilation effect instead.)

Dorganath

RE: Large crates and Little boxes.
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2006, 11:08:52 am »
Ohh...spheres of annihilation were fun...since they could be directed by concentration, and you get two powerful mages trying to push the thing towards the other..hehe.
  Ahhh...old times...good fun...