The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Late as usual, but here to stay: New series starting in Februrary  (Read 985 times)

miltonyorkcastle

We wanted to start it, oh, a month earlier, but alas, vacations and work and that thing called life has somewhat slowed us down. But never fear! The series is on the calendar now! The show starts February 14th, though we'll be dropping some lines in the rumor thread before that to get the juices flowing.

Questions? Comments? Feel free to drop some here. We'll also be starting a long running series forum a little closer to the actual start of it all. In the meantime, I've got a bit more paperwork to do....

The following users thanked this post: Dorax Windsmith, Masterjack, Hellblazer, ShiffDrgnhrt, davidhoff, RollinsCat, Pandapuff7

RollinsCat

Re: Late as usual, but here to stay: New series starting in Febr
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2012, 07:47:35 pm »
Oh. Yes.

Oh yes.

Ohyesyesyes.  I'm there!

LynnJuniper

« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 07:55:16 pm »
Forgive me if its obvious but what's the level requirement on this thing again :)?

drakogear

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2012, 08:28:25 pm »
Hmmm... wander what its going to be about... RP, Political, Mystery, Espionage, Action, Drama, World Altering... minor details... still a bit vague.

If the first few weeks are geared more towards the low levels (The basic starting of any long drawn out adventure in my opinion) then I would be really interested in joining and based on what the adventure is about (with a bit more detail) I can decide witch character would be most interested... or submit new if non of my current ones fit.

Lance Stargazer

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 09:33:03 pm »
*The knight clad in silver and gold is seen riding  all the way with serene step and a smirk on his face. The black stallion goes with patient step, *

- All the wait finally is giving fruits.-

// yay.. Finally .

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2012, 09:43:38 pm »
Forgive me if its obvious but what's the level requirement on this thing again ?

No level req, because your character having wicked combat ability or a Lore check over a hundred won't get you any further in the story than not having it. How and when you/your character uses his skills and abilities and how well you immerse yourself into the story, the people, and the places will determine where you go in the story.

That said, this is a story in which a character can make a name for himself/herself, a story where a character can 'come of age', so you may wish to bring a character you're in the process of developing as opposed to one you have already established.

what the adventure is about (with a bit more detail)

Without giving away too much plot, Taur'en is a kingdom currently dealing with solidarity issues and greedy neighbors. As a character, you'd be exploring this amidst various stories set within the kingdom. Choices your characters make could very well decide the course of the kingdom and/or factions within it.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2012, 11:10:05 pm »
Finally *rubs Tyra's hands together*

Dremora

« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2012, 05:38:33 am »
This quest series only going to run on tuesdays? Not weekends? :(

davidhoff

« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2012, 06:01:15 am »
Milt, you said the show starts the Feb. 15th, but the first quest date is on the calendar is the 21st.  FYI.

xsweetpeaxs

« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2012, 08:54:54 am »
By attending the quest, will our character be in a time bubble where we cannot play them other than the quest?

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2012, 09:21:41 am »
This quest series only going to run on tuesdays? Not weekends?

Sorry, mate. It was the only time that worked for us GMs. I just have too much happening on the weekends right now.

Milt, you said the show starts the Feb. 15th, but the first quest date is on the calendar is the 21st. FYI.

**slaps forehead** I don't know why I had the 15th in my head- the 14th is the correct starting date. I fixed it on the calendar, too. And since I edited the event, it erased all of the original sign-ups.....

By attending the quest, will our character be in a time bubble where we cannot play them other than the quest?

Yes, there will likely be time-bubbles. On the other hand, you will not be limited to playing the character in this series only.

Pen N Popper

« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2012, 05:33:40 pm »
Count me in, if there's room.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #12 on: February 01, 2012, 08:49:53 pm »
This is going to ROCK

Chazzler

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31:03 am »
Too late of a starting time for me.
Too old, too cold :-(

Aphel

« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:15 pm »
Same old song here as well. We really should look into some sort of organisation for the GMT players, maybe a regular hunting trip or even our own plot line of sorts. Nothing spectacular. We have enough characters around to create something there.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #15 on: February 09, 2012, 09:30:39 am »
Indeed. What you need is a GM that runs regular events in your timezone. We're a little short on GMT GMs right now. We have several aussie/eastern timezone GMs, and a bunch of american/western GMs, but nothing in the middle.

Alatriel

« Reply #16 on: February 09, 2012, 10:54:09 am »
There is another quest that is scheduled during GMT timezone that should work too and it's on the calendar.

Dremora

« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2012, 11:30:03 am »
Which?

Dremora

« Reply #19 on: February 09, 2012, 11:36:50 am »
Are any of the people who've RSVP'd that one in GMT timezone? It is running into the early morning of the start of the working week for GMT zone, even later for the GMT+s.

anything