The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layo V3 spells  (Read 214 times)

PlayingAtWork

• View Profile
    Layo V3 spells
    « on: November 15, 2006, 05:56:13 am »
    i was just wondering is there was any chance of having evil spells since we might be able to play evil characters.

Dorganath

RE: Layo V3 spells
    « Reply #1 on: November 15, 2006, 06:26:43 am »
    Lucindite response: There is no evil magic
      GM response: What is an "evil" spell?

SquareKnot

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2006, 06:31:52 am »
    There's already a slate of inflict wounds, negative energy, create undead, curse, disease, despair, etc.

What did you have in mind?

I just ask because I've been scripting up some spells recently (not for Layo, though), focusing on things that work for a persistent world or DM environment but that don't work well in single player. I've gone through the Player's Handbook and pulled quite a few out. It'd be nice to hear what players would want.

LynnJuniper

Re: Layo V3 spells
    « Reply #3 on: November 15, 2006, 08:42:33 am »
    I may be a bit biased but, Going off of RP:

MORE ILLUSION SPELLS

*Ahem*

Mirror Image
    Figments
    Glamours (Kind of like Polymorph only maybe humanoid-ish forms for base races)

Lots of illusions!

Dorganath

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2006, 09:05:07 am »
    I'll point out now, so that there are no hurt feelings later.
      If this is a serious effort, it's critical you all realize that any new spells will absolutely be included ONLY at the discretion of the GM Team and our balancers. We also reserve the final right to say how a given spell should work if and when it is added into the world. I don't mean to sound harsh here, but there is no room for negotiation on this point.
      Also, I'd recommend, if this is to be a serious suggestion, that this discussion be continued in the proper suggestion forum, or else it will almost surely get lost in the shuffle.

PlayingAtWork

• View Profile
      « Reply #5 on: November 15, 2006, 09:54:52 am »
      i was mostly interested in some of the spells from the book of vile darkness.
      it was just a thought nothing more.

SquareKnot

« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2006, 11:01:25 am »
      I just ask because I've been scripting up some spells recently (not for Layo, though)
       Yep, sorry, when I asked about what spells people were interested in it was purely out of curiousity with absolutely no implication that they would ever actually appear anywhere, certainly not in Layonara. I completely understand that I do not contribute to the dev team, do not speak for the dev team, and never will. But at least I could be less of a nuisance and keep my mouth shut :)  I was thinking more in the spirit of the "What's your favorite spell" thread, what's your favorite spell not in NWN? Apparently, there are 2699 spells at least, including 130 from the Book of Vile Darkness. Some of those sound... disturbing ... like "death by thorns" and "heartclutch." A little more "evil" sounding than "negative energy ray." Maybe we should do "What's your favorite evil spell (you define evil for yourself)" so as not to totally hijack the thread?

Dorganath

« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2006, 11:08:58 am »
      Um...don't misunderstand me.
        I'm in no way saying the thread was a nuissance or even a problem in any way.
        If people want to talk about new spells for V3, now is indeed the time. I just wanted to make it known what the policy was and that there would be no guarantees. Knowing how such threads tend to develop a life of their own, I thought it important to introduce a bit of information, and to suggest that if it did turn into a "what spell do you want to see in V3" kind of thing, then it would be better in the suggestions forum.
        Carry on!  :)

EdTheKet

« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2006, 11:14:51 am »
      So if you want to suggest new spells, please post in the Suggestions forum

EDIT: so what dorg said :)

Doc-Holiday

« Reply #9 on: November 16, 2006, 02:25:48 pm »
      Necromantic Curses.. no one can ever be cursed enough...

I saw an implementation of a spell called "Curse of Impending Blade" a Necromantic spell that automaticly reduced the targets AC by 2 and was described as having caused the target to stumble and fall into the path of attackers.. there was a mass version called Legion's Curse of impending blade... very helpful against tough baddies.. it was resisted only by spell resistance

anything