The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara on Wikipedia  (Read 265 times)

ZeroVega

Layonara on Wikipedia
« on: November 11, 2006, 07:15:25 am »
Thought I'd post this here in the public forum instead of just sending it as a PM incase someone besides Leanthar can explain this to me buuut... I just checked up on the Layonara Wikipedia post and apparently they've tagged it for deletion in five days unless it's "improved" according to their deletion policy. I guess I just sorta wanted to point this out and see if you guys knew.
  ZV-

Leanthar

Re: Layonara on Wikipedia
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2006, 07:29:29 am »
Thanks ZV. No idea. heh. I will point it out to somebody for input and help.

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2006, 05:53:41 pm »
I'd shouted out in IRC a couple days ago that we got flagged for having few/no other pages linking to us.

I've also posted before (some time ago) to make people aware of the page and that it needs to be fleshed out and such. While there was some response to the thread there was no response on wikipedia (no one came and did anything.)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2006, 05:59:13 pm »
Acctually where do you see that it's been flagged for deletion ZV?

merlin34baseball

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2006, 07:32:37 pm »
point me to it... I'll write something!

merlin34baseball

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2006, 07:53:45 pm »
Just went and looked at it... It's actually pretty good!  Couldn't find where it was going to be deleted, and with all the info there I dont know why it would be deleted...

Redhawk

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2006, 08:32:44 pm »
I'm assuming this is what is meant by "this article has been tagged since November 2006" at the top, under the statement that very few articles are linked to it.
What specifically needs to be done to stave this off?
Redhawk

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2006, 02:14:28 am »
Acctually the tag at the top is a "few or no links" tag as I mentioned in my previous post.

It does not mean the article is flagged for deletion nor does it necessarily mean it will be. I've seen articles with the few or no links tag on them that is about a year old and they are not deleted.

egoober

« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2006, 02:22:16 am »
Looks like something has been changed again, the "few or no links" tag is new, replacing what was a very definite {WP:##} deletion tag based on non-notability (can't remember the exact tag).
I guess they changed their minds!

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2006, 02:29:41 am »
There are several deletion tags for several reasons and while I can't say I've really any idea how their system works (All the documentation is convoluded and long winded) I believe I saw an article that had been flagged with the few or no links tag since october 2005

ZeroVega

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2006, 05:29:47 am »
Something's changed since I last checked. Yesterday was the first time I'd seen the Layonara Wiki Article and it said that it violated the deletion policy of Wikipedia and could be deleted in five days if not corrected or challenged. It's gone now. Someone musta done something.

Link092

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2009, 12:19:35 pm »
should someone write up a new wiki?  :)

// Yus, yus, I understand I may be charged with necromancy... *grumbles*

Hellblazer

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2009, 11:03:18 pm »
Well, it's been deleted. Eh I wonder how they would feel if we uploaded the whole LORE.. would that be viewed like not notable? :D

11:42, 22 June 2008 Spartaz (talk | contribs) deleted "Layonara" ? (content was: '{{dated prod|concern = This is not notable. It is simply a game put online by a user - it may have many players, I don't know, but nothing in here asserts notability. I would have put this up for speedy deletion, except that it's been ar...')

anything