The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Layonara Thanks Talan  (Read 751 times)

orth

Layonara Thanks Talan
« on: March 30, 2006, 06:33:43 am »
As many of you know, recently Talan decided to take a leave.  He was still helping in his roles and browsing the forum for a bit, but has now ensured us he is moving on for good after some furthur discussions.

I am not going to divulge his reasons, those are for him to share with his friends.  I just wanted to take the time to thank Talan on behalf of Layonara for the efforts he gave while here.  Talan was very committed to helping others and a hard worker in quite a few areas with LORE, development and community support. Losing this kind of contributor is a fair blow to the teams he was a part of and the community as a whole.

We sincerely wish him all the best in finding what he seeks and extend our gratitude for all of the effort he put in while here.

Take care and on a personal note, I'll miss you Talan, despite you driving me crazy sometimes.

-orth

Pen N Popper

Re: Layonara Thanks Talan
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 06:48:42 am »
My personal thanks to him as well.  He made a great first impression on my initial days here with his PC, as well as helping me on several occassions with game questions.

Kind regards,
PnP

goldz8

• Druids
    • Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
RE: Layonara Thanks Talan
« Reply #2 on: March 30, 2006, 06:56:04 am »
Oh no!!! This is awful news.  :(  :(  :(

First evil dad/typically annoying and 5pider and now Talan. I'm going to miss them all very much.

Filatus

« Reply #3 on: March 30, 2006, 08:02:01 am »
Good luck to Talan. Hope you'll be back someday still. I truely respect the effort you put into Layo.

regnus

« Reply #4 on: March 30, 2006, 08:29:14 am »
Yeah this stinks.  I can remember many times early on in Owen's career when he met Talan and had some really fun RP.  I hope to see you back someday Talan.

Good luck wherever you end up.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 08:33:02 am »
wow....  I totally didn't see this coming....  I remember meeting Talan during my first weeks on Layo....  I am very sorry to hear this.  I hope you change your mind, Talan.

aragwen

« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2006, 08:46:07 am »
*waves to Talan* go well and good luck out there.
  The couple of times thatmuch time to RP with Talan was great and it was always a priviledge to fight next to Talan.
  Hope you findsomething that you like outthere and whoknows perhaps you might even come back.

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2006, 08:48:09 am »
Take care Talan. I really liked RPing with your characters. *waves a good-bye*

Varka

« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2006, 09:44:09 am »
Take care dude….. RL comes first…

Yep – it has been awhile since I saw you last on Layo…but I will remember the meetings we had and the trips around Fort Hope before everything went crazy there (yep..really old
- but you must have made a ... good impression)

If you ever meet a Dane, 1.2 m tall, around 200 pounds, half bald and a bit grumpy – then give Varka a thought… ;)

NEXUS7

« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2006, 10:05:24 am »
He will be misssed, thinking of ya good luck and Ill look out for ya posts

TTFN

KageKeeper

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2006, 10:24:28 am »
Talan will be sorely missed. He contributed so much to the community with his involvement on the Project and LORE Teams as well as his RP in game.

Sorry to see you go Talan. I really am.

Take care!

~KK

Deacon

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2006, 12:09:38 pm »
Aww man!  Hate to see you go Talan, you really were an integral part of Layonara.  Good luck and take care!

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2006, 12:29:27 pm »
Darn, i hope you change your mind sometime and come back, you will definately be missed.

Good luck with everything!

Nyralotep

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2006, 12:51:08 pm »
Take care!

Force_of_Will_

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2006, 01:25:44 pm »
*waves* Take care guy.I enjoyed hanging with you.

twidget658

RE: Layonara Thanks Talan
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2006, 01:36:08 pm »
I would like to take this chance to tell Talan, thank you for the aiding in the direction/path that Rodlin has chosen. When I first got to Layo, I had the fortunate chance to fight next to Talan a few times. I was awed at the power of his bow. I thought that Rodlin should eventually go the path of the AA. Through some PM’s with Talan, I decided that that was not the path for Rodlin and shortly afterwards, created a new character. I am pleased with the choice I have made. Talan was a huge part in the decision process.

In addition, his RP was great and his advice and knowledge of the game were very helpful in the forums.

Farewell and Thanks!
twidget

OneST8

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2006, 02:19:04 pm »
Talan, you will be missed.

Thank you for all you've done for Layonara.

Be well.

Meizter

• Followers of Mist
    • Followers of Rofirein
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2006, 03:23:43 pm »
Take care out there

Wintersheart

• View Profile
    « Reply #18 on: March 30, 2006, 03:27:53 pm »
    Take care - I will miss the ever present dragon....

Wintersheart

Marswipp

« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 03:28:42 pm »
    *blinks and stares blankly for almost a minute; walks off*
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

anything