The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Leaving... ish  (Read 163 times)

Faldred

Leaving... ish
« on: September 05, 2006, 11:55:05 am »
First and foremost, I want to say that I have enjoyed playing here.  I have no issues with the players or GMs, and therefore, no long rant over "problems" or "personalities", yada, yada, yada.

In other words, and I know it's cliche, it's not you, it's me.

I really can't commit the time necessary to play -- not the raw number of hours in-game, but rather knowing that I am unable to plan for and play a 3-4 hour stretch at any particular date and time.  Layonara is build around group adventuring and quests.  Without knowing I can commit to a long adaventure at any given time, I find myself really pretty much in the same areas doing the same things.  Tagging along on a more interesting adventure or quest puts me in the position of having to abandon with little to no warning, which isn't fair to the rest of the party or even to myself, who can wind up with a character somewhat stranded in an unfamiliar location.

So, I probably won't be around much anymore.  I may log on once in a while, so I won't ask for chaarcter deletions, and I may still post on the forums here and there, but anyone who is wondering where Zug or the others have gone should know they probably won't be around much anymore.

Take care, everyone, and have fun!

d20mushroom

• Followers of Corath
    • Followers of Prunilla
    • Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
RE: Leaving... ish
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2006, 12:14:11 pm »
Good luck Faldred.

Leanthar

Re: Leaving... ish
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2006, 01:09:09 pm »
Take care and we hope to see you in game when you can get in there.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2006, 05:35:32 pm »
Take care and good luck with everything.

Xandor Loriland

• Followers of Aeridin
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2006, 09:34:06 pm »
Take care out there

NEXUS7

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2006, 02:40:26 am »
I am the same, but missed layo what I did was make some pcs that worked at low levels and jump in now and again,
One Mille is working on being a shadow dancer but I can only do this in game by getting other SD to show here the skills and tach her, this takes way longer than a CDQ but as I can not comit the time it worth it in the long run to just RP stuff like that in game over a long real time.

for now im happy just Rping in hlint with a few nice pcs, have a think about just poping in now and then when you need a layo fix like this

Diablo_68

• View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: September 06, 2006, 04:04:24 am »
    In my opinion you played Zug the half giant to perfection and I was always in awe of how well you played him.

Bravo, good luck.

Faldred

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2006, 04:48:21 am »
    Thanks all for the kind words!

Just for those who are interested, we had a 16-week sonogram, and it looks like the twins are going to be one girl and one boy (the sonographer is pretty certain on the latter, and mostly certain on the former, though with the caution of "don't buy pink just yet").

Lilswanwillow

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2006, 01:59:55 pm »
    twins.. ick
    ones hard enough, so good luck with that!