The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Leilon Arms!  (Read 274 times)

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
    • Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
Leilon Arms!
« on: August 05, 2005, 03:30:00 pm »
Incase you haven't been reading, Cappyra and I, as Derrick and Quin, have just opened the Leilon Arms Inn. We'll be open for about another 5 hours at the time of this post, so if you have a second, pop in and enjoy the drinks, company, and entertainment.

We're at 121 in the city of Leilon.

Germaine Lorn

• View Profile
    RE: Leilon Arms!
    « Reply #1 on: August 05, 2005, 05:47:00 pm »
    Unfortunately I have been having some major problems loggin in and staying online more that a few seconds.

Would have loved to have seen the new place.

Hopefully I will read about the goings on.

Mary Blood Axe

Marswipp

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2005, 06:44:00 pm »
    It is a good place. :)

Nice manor, by the way. :P
    Playing D&D 3.5e, D&D 5e, Pathfinder, and exploring Starfinder through a VTT

Shadowblade225

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2005, 08:31:00 pm »
    Good job to Zhofe and cappyra :)

Harlas Ravelkione

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2005, 01:27:00 am »
    *nods* Great idea folks! I can only recommend it!

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: August 07, 2005, 02:56:00 pm »
    Grand idea, i look forward to visit you more often. :)

Leanthar

« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2005, 07:43:00 pm »
    Now that this is completed (121 Leilon) I am very impressed on how it turned out for you guys. Great job!
      I have seen some really good RP in there as well.
      Kudos to the creators and kudos to those that go there for the RP. 
      Thank you and keep it up. :)
      *thinks of a few future quests that may be starting there*

Lord of the Forest

« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2005, 07:45:00 pm »
    yeah,
    it was really great there. Keep on going ;)

Destropterammer

• Followers of Vorax
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: August 19, 2005, 08:07:00 pm »
    Had tons of fun. Great job, i'll be sure to pop in next time it opens.

Zhofe

• Followers of Ilsare
      • Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: August 19, 2005, 09:23:00 pm »
    Thank you everyone, for the kind words.

Alot of time, gold, and frustration went into this place. And alot more into the first two opening nights, and I believe that tonight was really the best night he have had here.

Really, I love the Leilon Arms so much, and I am glad whenever others come in, and I would love to see quests begin here, or even just characters gather here. Ideally we would like to be open more often, but the unlock script is kinda broken, so we can't just leave the door open.

Varka

« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2005, 08:04:00 am »
    *Varka puts up a note around Hlint and Leilon*

Dwarfs...me dear kinsman. A new inn has opened.
    Their beer is good and the entertainment....good

Lets get together and celebrate our forefathers with pride.

To Geir: As ye know a lot of dwarven tales and songs oi would like ye to entertain us mate.

Varka

cappyra

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2005, 08:37:00 am »
    Wow!  All I have to say is Wow!   Quin and I came up with the idea of a player run Inn some time ago.  We thought how great it would be to have a place where people would went to gather, listen to songs and tales, have good drink and maybe even begin quests.

Leilon is also a good place.  A nice city with a sea port that could be a jumping point to any number of locations.  The house style was perfect for an Inn.  With the numerous rooms we felt that we could also offer players a temporary place to call home as they save for a house.

There is no open market or trade hall in game to speak of.  So we set up a merchant area for people to come and sell wares.

Finally, we wanted to do everything within the scope of the game without the need for DM intervention.  The DMs we know are very busy and we thought this would be our contribution to the world.  Last night was our third Friday, and it was absolutely the best week.  It was a good feeling to see things start to come together, just as we had envisioned.

Thanks Leanthar for your kind words and support.   It means a LOT coming from the man who created the world.  

Thanks for coming everyone.  Look for posts about next weeks opening!

Lalaith Va'lash

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2005, 09:03:00 am »
    *Kali giggles as she sees Varka's notes posted around, She begins to sing happily her song of the Xeenite priestess, the Paladin and the Five bottles of Holy Wine*
      ".... Thinking a moment longer, .... The Priestess realizes what she should do.. if she drinks the bottle of wine herself, she would be drunk!  .... and have the same headache, but times two! "
        //I wanted to say thanks as well.  I had a great night at the Inn last night. hehe.. and Kali did too.  You two did an awesome job putting this place together!  - LV

feniox

« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2005, 09:07:00 am »
    Unfortunately RL got in the way and I couldn't attend last night like I had intended to, sounds like I missed out. But I enjoyed last week, and will be sure to be there next time if times allows me too, I'll try not to punch any ogres this time ;)