The Layonara Community > General Discussion

Lich PrC

<< < (3/5) > >>

Vyris:
Hmmm...
What kind of loot would the Rufulich carry?

Hey Gloin, want to get some folks together and go lich hunting?

hehehe

Vyris

lunchboxkilla:
I Had an evil plan of letting Celgar become the next bad guy when he hits level 40. It kind of follows the PNP Celgar that i have but in less dramatic way. What happened is the PNP Celgar finally killed the red dragon that mrdered his ancestors. Well this dragon was also bound to a very powerful lich.., and well the fight didn't end very well and Celgar being so fearful of death called out to his god for a Divine favor.. Well that favor was to be turned into a lich... the bad problems was I fallied all the will and fort rolls.. So now This lich Celgar is well... Wtisted in a very very evil way.. Hes out to kill all of faerun dragons (both good and evil as oppsed to killing evil ones)..

As for the layo Celgar I was gonna have some thing go very bad soon as he hit uber epic (level 40) and maybe if blood stone was well and dead. Retire him. Drop to my knees and beg Big L to have him go... Evil and thus we got a former Cleric of Lucinda Lich running loose.

But seeing that would be far from possible I'm gonna let that idea sit at the curb side and wait till the bus comes along heheh.

Varnart:
 There are good liches, look at Libris Mortis page 156. There was no need to make that, though, because someone could want to become a Lich just to live forever. I don't think that's evil. In a PnP campaign I once made a Lich like that, he didn't care that much about power and wealth, he turned into a Lich just to be the director of the magic school he created forever, and he wouldn't activate the fear aura. Never understood why liches had to be evil.

Filatus:

I belive there are two kinds of liches for human spellcasters. The regular lich that is often evil and in some cases neutral and the Archlich. The archlich is a good aligned lich and I believe there is a difference in how to become it. One nice ability of the Archlich is sarificing his eternal life to kill one foe.

Leanthar:
Filatus, there are indeed two types of liches (well three really--but I will talk about the two).
  1)  A lich.  A creature becomes a lich through a long (and usually deadly--ie perma dead) process that involves much sacrifice and the seperation of their soul from their body to a phylactery.  After (I think) seven-ten days and if there is a body neary by to where they "died" the lich takes the form of that new body... But they are still extremlly weak and easily defeated for the next 30+ days.
  2) An Archlich.  An Archlich is a creature that was a lich for 100's if not 1000's of years and has once again gone through another major ritual (with an extremelly high chance of perma death) to where they body becomes astral and their soul becomes...hmm, not real sure what becomes of it--I think it is lost forever though... Once the lich is an Archlich they travel the planes and continue to do what they want (why they became a lich) but at such a level of "non existence" that they can move between planes and such with powerful magic.  So in essence, an Archlich is an epic Lich--and pretty much nearly an immortal.
  Then you have the good liches (but they are pretty much the same process) and of course the dracoliches.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version