The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Logging in problems...  (Read 223 times)

FraterAudcal

• View Profile
    Logging in problems...
    « on: May 21, 2005, 04:23:00 pm »
    Please excuse this if it's a repeat thread, and direct me to the previous thread, or feel free to move it if it's in the wrong section. I'm having a hard time staying on the server. About a dozen times today I've been brought out of the game back to my desktop, where a window popped up saying that there was an error with Neverwinter Nights. This happened once when I was just starting out on Memory Lane (but then I logged back on and it worked fine for a little while), then twice down in the sewers, the first time I was getting attacked by a rat, the second time one of my party members got a critical hit on a rat, then it happened (I apologize to the two party members). It's only happening in the Layonara server. I logged into a couple other servers, and it they worked fine. Rebooted several times, ran a virus scan, all came up fruitless. Can anyone help me?

EDIT: Also, whenever I log in after this happens, I see my character where I was last, usually I say a 1 above him (indicating damage dealt), and then I get returned to my desktop, and the error thing pops up, therefore, I can't even get in. After several tries to get back in the first couple times this happened it finally let me back in. It's not letting me now though

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
      • View Profile
    RE: Logging in problems...
    « Reply #1 on: May 21, 2005, 04:50:00 pm »
    Do you have the latest drivers for all your devices? Did you try playing with game shadows off? This might help, i once had a problem similar to yours.

You can also try this fix, it greatly reduces crashing.  

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=251

FraterAudcal

• View Profile
      « Reply #2 on: May 21, 2005, 08:17:00 pm »
      Fl/\\m3Str!k3 - 5/21/2005  6:50 PM

Do you have the latest drivers for all your devices? Did you try playing with game shadows off? This might help, i once had a problem similar to yours.

You can also try this fix, it greatly reduces crashing.  

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=Hakpaks.Detail&id=251

Alright, tried those last two, it didn't work. Updated my graphics card's drivers, and it worked. So, in conclusion, thank you very, very much Mr. FlameStrike (sorry, too lazy to type in l33t lol)

Leanthar

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2005, 08:29:00 pm »
      This definetly sounds like a graphics or heat problem on your computer.  You might try to download the hak paks again and see if that helps, perhaps at some point a hak pak became corrupted on your hard drive.

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
        • View Profile
      « Reply #4 on: May 22, 2005, 04:29:00 am »
      I'm glad i could help, see you ingame, hehe.

Welcome to Layonara. ;)

anything