The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Time lines.  (Read 70 times)

silverdraco

Time lines.
« on: June 12, 2006, 12:38:01 am »
Hi everyone, I have a question about the time names that I see here alot. With time names I mean. PDT, EDT, GMT, BST and AEST. I don't know what else to call them right now. I always thought that GMT was Greenwich Main Time. and that that was in GB wich is like almost next door for me since I live in the Netherlands. But if the times here on the layo site are correct. then My loocal time is closer to BST. But with 1 hours added. So as BST now points at 8:34 hours, Here with me it is 9:34 hours.   Can anyone help me with the meaning of the names PDT, EDT, GMT, BST and AEST.? and where they are located.  And if posible, to let me know If BST +1 hour is realy the best way to describe my local time?  thanks for any of your help.
  By the way I never knew any other time than the GMT time so the others are new to me.

Nyralotep

Re: Time lines.
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 01:02:02 am »
Pacific Daylight Time (western US), Mountain Daylight time (Rocky mountain are in the US, Central Daylight (central part of the US, Eastern Daylight Eastern US, Greenwich Mean time, Greenwich England I think.

Bristish Summer time

and Austrailian Eastern Standard time.

Note:  PDT, MDT, CDT and EDT all change to Standard or PST, MST, CST, EST in the late fall.

EdTheKet

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 09:39:18 am »
GMT is Greenwich Mean Time.
BST is British Summer Time, which is GMT in summer time, so one hour ahead of GMT.
You're in Holland (like me), so you're in CET Central European Time (GMT+1). In Summer, this is CEST, Central European Summer Time.
Easy, once you know it ;)

silverdraco

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2006, 11:21:51 am »
Hartelijk bedankt EdTheKet ;)