The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Maximum Ability Scores  (Read 107 times)

ZeroVega

Maximum Ability Scores
« on: May 04, 2005, 11:09:00 am »
  Just wondering here so I thought I'd ask. Was kinda goofing off the other day and cast an Empowered Bull's Strength on my Sheild Guardian. Saw his Str boost up to 33, and I remembered that I'd never seen it go above that, even though it very well could. So I got back to Hlint and started my testing. If a regular Fox's Cunning spell was maximized it would give me 34 Intelligence, if it was empowered it could give up to 36(?), well I start casting, one, two, three, twelve times I cast Empowered Fox's Cunning on myself, and not once did I go higher than 33 Intelligence. Just wondering if that's right or am I just the unlucky one with rolls. :) (Note I'm not at all upset, I mean, how many people can get up to 33 anything? Just kinda wonderin)

IDii

RE: Maximum Ability Scores
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2005, 11:14:00 am »
+12 is the maximum bonus you can get from spells/items/whatever. So ability scores don't really have caps but the bonus does and that kinda caps the score.

ZeroVega

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2005, 11:16:00 am »
  Hmm... well that stinks, but oh well. Thanks ID.

s0ulz

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2005, 11:29:00 am »
That is the part about the ability scores that nerfs the barbarian in highmagic worlds... their rage and item ability bonuses cap at +12, while the rage could bonus alot higher..

FlameStrike

• Followers of Toran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2005, 12:01:00 pm »
Not meaning to hijack the thread, but speaking of maximum scores, it reminded me of an old question...

At what value does the Dodge type of AC max out? I've heard it maxed out at 20, but i'm not sure.

Also, which type of AC is the one granted by Expertise/Improved Expertise, and Divine Shield? Again, i've heard it was Dodge type AC, but i'm not sure...

s0ulz

« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2005, 12:12:00 pm »
On the last part, I'm pretty sure it acts the way Armor Skin acts.. meaning its natural armor and stack with everything... pretty sure..