The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Messenger of bad news.  (Read 306 times)

hawklen

Messenger of bad news.
« on: March 29, 2007, 07:12:54 pm »
This is to let people know about Zelda1, Ash and Larissa's player.

Around 2 1/2 weeks, while she was in Mexico on her vacation with her bf, they got hit by a drunk driver. Allie suffered a broken arm, leg and collarbone and is in a coma.

I have been receiving updates from Chris (nyyana) about her status, as he is in contact with Allie's boyfriend. As of today, I had some good news, she is expected to wake up tomorrow (Friday) So, let us all hope she pulls through it!  She is a fighter, and I am proud that she is fighting!

When she recovers, and if she returns to layo IG, I wouldn't send her tells about, as I'd imagine she'd want to forget it.

Thank you for reading, Jeff.

darkstorme

Re: Messenger of bad news.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 07:20:44 pm »
If you're conveying anything to her or her boyfriend, send best wishes for a speedy recovery.  I'm sure she'll have lots of people welcoming her back when she gets better!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 07:23:30 pm »
Keeping my fingers crossed. I really hope all goes well.

LynnJuniper

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 07:31:07 pm »
I really hope she pulls out of this safely and alright. I miss her lots and hope for the best for her.

Redhawk

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 07:34:04 pm »
That is sad news. Yes, please send along wishes for a full and quick recovery. Redhawk

Tanman

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2007, 09:02:03 pm »
Send her my wishes. I hope she gets better. I have always beeen wondering where the little halfling was.

scifibarbie

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2007, 09:22:28 pm »
Definitely  give her our best and tell her we cant wait to see her soon. :D

I hope she gets better soon!

Honora

« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2007, 09:30:41 pm »
Please pass along that Honora is rooting for her speedy recovery as well..

Falonthas

« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2007, 09:39:05 pm »
yes we miss rissy

Pseudonym

« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2007, 09:44:35 pm »
Thanks for the post Jeff, please pass on to Chris to pass on our thoughts and prayers for a speedy recovery.

Serissa

« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2007, 04:21:39 am »
This whole thing is false.  Zelda1, Larissa's player, is just fine.

Serissa

Drizzlin

« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2007, 04:28:57 am »
What? Which is it?

Yamada

• Followers of Vorax
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2007, 06:05:06 am »
Quote from: Serissa

Serissa

Well if that's true Serissa, then Allies boyfriend has been playing one VERY sick joke with me; What makes you say she's fine?

jrizz

« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2007, 06:13:40 am »
OMG! Jeff, This is sad news. Allie and Dan will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Nibor21

« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2007, 08:02:39 am »
I pray she will be ok. Head injuries can be nasty. My thoughts are with her.

OneST8

« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2007, 08:03:18 am »
Quote from: Serissa

Serissa

Thank you for confirming my suspicions that this was a blatant lie.

If this was an attempt at an April Fool's joke or just a child screaming for attention; either way, it was in extremely poor taste and reeked of invalidity.

And people wonder why larger game companies have started to shut down their forums.

orth

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2007, 11:21:35 am »
Leanthar has forwarded me this PM to post here and I will include it with my thoughts. I don't know who is doing the lying here but it is really sick to do to a community who is closely knit.

I've alerted Zelda's family and asked them to have her confirm that she is well. It will be several hours before she can get to a computer. She lives near me, I speak to her grandmother daily, and I can assure you that she is fine.

I'm not sure why she would register another user name, but thatwill be discussed as well.

I'm very sorry for the nuisance this is causing, and I really hope she had no part in it.

Serissa
If you are going to construct this kind of lie, here's a few pointers.
  • Doctors can't speculate when people are expected to return from a coma.
  • Don't have said person in a coma create a new user and login to the forum on a regular basis from the same computer over the past two weeks.
  • Don't have said person login to her MySpace account yesterday.
  • Don't speculate that upon return from a coma, the player will return to the game.
  • Don't ask people to not talk about it if and when the person returns.
  • Make sure people who actually know the person in real life are in on your lie.
You know I tend to think more people didn't respond with their thoughts and prayers to this thread because they expected it was all a bad lie to begin with. For those of you who felt real shock and sadness and expressed their best wishes and hope, we're sorry for this sort of mess.

I really wish I knew where the falsehoods are originating. I don't know what part those communicating this to the community are in on this, but either way it's all a stupid and immature drama and someone needs to be apologizing.

-orth

jrizz

« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2007, 11:11:36 pm »
First off I am truly glad that Allie is fine and well. She is a great person and I am sure (I hope) that she had nothing to do with this. Next, this really ticks me off. In RL many of us are dealing with true family tragedies and our levels of empathy are real high. This is a harsh thing to do, there is nothing funny about it.

anything