The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Movie: Advent Children  (Read 480 times)

Bryantiza

• View Profile
    RE: Movie: Advent Children
    « Reply #20 on: October 04, 2005, 03:32:00 pm »
    Japan. US ff3 is uk ff6

Kapitän Awesome

• View Profile
      « Reply #21 on: October 04, 2005, 06:33:00 pm »
      Ohhh man, this is the first I've heard about the movie. I thought it was just a video game coming out for PS3: this movie is gonna rock.

And with that said, I want to take a poll....who was you guys' favorite FFVII character? Mine was Vincent: Good storyline, and powerful. He was awesome in every sense of the word  :)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2005, 08:55:00 pm »
      Bryantiza - 10/4/2005  4:32 PM

Japan. US ff3 is uk ff6

wait a minute... I thought US ff3 was japan ff4.  how'd it get to 6 in the UK?

Edit: wait... did that wrong.. let me think...

japan     US
      1             1
      2             -
      3             -
      4             2
      5             3

ok, still cant figure out how it got to be 6 in the UK

Thunder Pants

« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2005, 10:38:00 pm »
      japan 6 is US 3, and in my oppinion the best FF game to date

IDii

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2005, 10:47:00 pm »
      FF1 - NES only in Japan
      FF2 - NES only in Japan
      FF3 - NES only in Japan
      FF4 - SNES, FF1 in US
      FF5 - SNES, FF2 in US
      FF6 - SNES, FF3 in US
      FF7 - PSX, PC and it's FF7 everywhere... First FF game that got to Europe, yay!
      FF8 - PSX, PC
      FF9 - PSX
      FF10 - PS2
      FF10 - 2 - PS2
      FF11 - PS2, PC

That's the original games... then of course there's now pretty much all FF's on PS and so on... But yeah, for some reason FF4-6 were FF1-3 in the US... heh.

I remember one of my friends asking why FF7 was FF7 when it came out... I told him that's because it's the seventh game in the series... Bah.

Maki

• View Profile
        « Reply #25 on: October 04, 2005, 11:12:00 pm »
        Mmmm, I just have one word for Cloud....HAX!

lmao...seriously, he turned on Aerith + Zack hacks in the movie =P

On a more serious note though, I hate Square Enix now....They've made Tifa look like Rinoa, which is a good thing, but I now realize there will never be a FF 8 movie....which makes me dpressed *sigh*

Frendh

« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2005, 11:54:00 pm »
        The jap only games have been fansubbed and are playable
        as roms on emus.

For those who own a japanese original version that is.

IDii - 10/5/2005  7:47 AM

FF1 - NES only in Japan
        FF2 - NES only in Japan
        FF3 - NES only in Japan
        FF4 - SNES, FF1 in US
        FF5 - SNES, FF2 in US
        FF6 - SNES, FF3 in US
        FF8 - PSX, PC
        FF9 - PSX
        FF10 - PS2
        FF10 - 2 - PS2
        FF11 - PS2, PC

That's the original games... then of course there's now pretty much all FF's on PS and so on... But yeah, for some reason FF4-6 were FF1-3 in the US... heh.

I remember one of my friends asking why FF7 was FF7 when it came out... I told him that's because it's the seventh game in the series... Bah.

IDii

« Reply #27 on: October 05, 2005, 12:24:00 am »
        Yeah and I think there was some collection FF game with 1-4 on PSX... not sure.

Bryantiza

• View Profile
          « Reply #28 on: October 05, 2005, 12:44:00 am »
          nah it was final fantasy origins which had games 1 and two, they skipped 3, and made anthology which had 4-6...if i remember correctly. I would run upstairs and look but eh, i'm too lazy.

*shakes fist* if they don't make a final fantasy 8 film, i'm going to Japan in a few years, i'll threaten them. i'll talk Posh english to them so they won't understand and chant 'final fantasy 8' till they give in...or call the police.

Final fantasy XI. I bought that the day it came out. Still haven't used it. can't afford the steap monthly subscription. it was about £9 a month last time i checked.

*shifty eyes* I still don't know why people think 7 was better than 8. 8 was, and still is the best FF game for me. 9 was...ok, it weren't bad. not too keen on X or X-2. my top three ff games are:
          1-Final fantasy 8 (because I fell in love with it as soon as I played it.
          2-Final Fantasy 6 (Cause them damn moogles are still pissing me off and i'm still stuck, but thats what i like about it)
          3-Final Fantasy 7 (Its got things that they left out of all the other games i.e. chocobo breeding, golden Saucer. The only problem is I never really liked the storyline. It just seemed too action packed.)

-I remember now. it was origins which had 1-2. 3 still hasn't come. 4-5 are anthology, and 6 is a by seperate.-

Thunder Pants

« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2005, 03:11:00 am »
          IDii - 10/4/2005  10:47 PM

FF1 - NES only in Japan
          FF2 - NES only in Japan
          FF3 - NES only in Japan
          FF4 - SNES, FF1 in US
          FF5 - SNES, FF2 in US
          FF6 - SNES, FF3 in US
          FF8 - PSX, PC
          FF9 - PSX
          FF10 - PS2
          FF10 - 2 - PS2
          FF11 - PS2, PC

not quite Idii

FF1 was FF on the original Nes
          FF2, Nes
          FF3 Nes
          FF4 Snes, FF2 in USA
          FF5 Snes
          FF6 Snes FF3 in USA
          FF7 PS1
          FF8 PS1
          FF9 PS1

also FF chronicles for the PS1 contained FF 5 & 6, of which 5 had never been released in the states before
          FF Anthology contained FF4 and Chrono Trigger
          and FF origins contained FF 1 and 2

then there are also the gameboy games, and the games which recieved the FF name when they came to the US (read FF Mystic Quest for Snes, FF Adventure 1&2 for the gameboy etc)

Talan Va'lash

« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2005, 06:02:00 am »
          Hah!  I knew US FF1 was the first one.

I really, would never play another final fantasy game again.  I absolutely HATE the system where every 2d10 steps you walk, something comes out of the floor and attacks you.

FF1 was cool because it was the first game where you fought stuff and walked around on a big map and got swords and stuff... but... the system was terrible.  It was just awesome because there was nothing else like it before.  Well, there was gauntlet, but you couldnt get new swords!  which was the coolest part of FF.

I was like.... 6 at the time I think.

-TV