The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: New Character/Player Quests!  (Read 441 times)

LordCove

New Character/Player Quests!
« on: April 25, 2009, 03:48:33 am »
New Character/Player Quests

Starting in two weeks time ( Dependant) , a series of ongoing quests will be run.
Rules and information are stated below.

-- Your character should ideally be "brand new" at level 1...but I will allow up to Level 4. You can of course log in to equip with basic weapons and armour, and customise clothing.. buy healing potions and bandages... supplies... ect

-- Level requirements will ascend as the group level ascends. For example...by the end of the first quest... I would expect everyone who started at Level 1 to be at least level 3 or 4. Therefore, the following quest will have a level Requirement of 1 -5... then 1 - 7... 1 - 8.... ect.

-- Your character should only be played on these quest's until the conclusion of the series. This will last for a minimum of two weeks, with 2-3 quests run per week. ( You "can" play your character outside of the quests if you wish, but should you exceed the next quests level requirements you will not be allowed to participate )

-- Equipment, armour and weapons can be found or purchased during these quests.

-- If you happen to miss a quest one day, you can still attend the next. Although level requirements will ascend, the minimum will remain at Level 1.

-- Quests will be Wensdays at 7pm GMT ( 8pm BST) and Saturdays 8am GMT ( 9am BST ). An additional quest "may" be run on occassions on Monday 7pm GMT ( 8pm BST )

This would be a perfect opportunity to create that new character you had been thinking about, or for those new to the server to get a good start and meet new people.

This is of course dependant on the amount of interest shown here.

Please remember your character needs to be submitted and approved before you can login and join these quests!

The following users thanked this post: lonnarin, YoDDa, Serissa, Hellblazer, Lynn1020, Xiaobeibi

Lynn1020

Re: New Character/Player Quests!
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2009, 03:53:14 am »
Very cool idea! Makes me want to put in a for a new character. :)

Xiaobeibi

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2009, 04:22:05 am »
I love this idea, one question though. If you wish to take a PRC during this quest series that required CDT over time or CDQ will time spent in this quest (where you dont play outside) count as fullfilling the requirement for CDQ or CDT - if the roleplay during the series support it?

aragwen

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2009, 06:15:12 am »
Just made a new char and he will be interested for sure.

Link092

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2009, 09:42:52 am »
I would love to join, but sadly, wednesdays are offlimits to me for quests, and erally only "one" quest a month for me... (parents don't like me spending more than 30 min's on a computer....) :(

//EDIT: yikes, not to mention that 4 in the morn isn't that great for a Saturday. :)

LordCove

« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2009, 10:39:02 am »
Quote from: xiaobeibi
I love this idea, one question though. If you wish to take a PRC during this quest series that required CDT over time or CDQ will time spent in this quest (where you dont play outside) count as fullfilling the requirement for CDQ or CDT - if the roleplay during the series support it?

It would.
As the minimum time of this series is to be 2 weeks ( as is requested the minimum time for CDT development) ... and during this quest you would also have the bonus of constant GM witnessing of RPing towards your set PRc class.

For rarer PRc classes of course you will still likely require a CDQ.

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2009, 11:10:34 am »
Hey, I've got a new PC, but he's Level four...  Can he come too?

LordCove

« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2009, 11:15:19 am »
Your character should ideally be "brand new" at level 1...but I will allow up to Level 4.

Edited: But that's as high as I go   ;)

Hellblazer

« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2009, 08:43:35 pm »
now this is a very good idea, wish there was some for the est evening-nights

lonnarin

« Reply #9 on: April 26, 2009, 01:06:08 am »
If I want to go for assassin level by level 6, will you let me murder a party member for that?  I might hit 5 after the first few sessions.  ;)

Also trying to get Pooser to make a prunillite cleric

Hellblazer

« Reply #10 on: April 26, 2009, 01:32:47 am »
Lonnarin got a concept for you then

lets talk next time we are online.

Masterjack

« Reply #11 on: April 26, 2009, 06:02:21 am »
This is exactly what I'm looking for, just bad timing. I was just going to make a post to try and do something like this on my own. I'll see if I can make 3 am EDT on Saturday. *Crosses fingers and hopes the wife is ok with it*

Lord Cove you ROCK!

Chazzler

« Reply #12 on: April 26, 2009, 06:31:40 am »
Sounds fabulous, now only to come up with a character concept if I can...

Pseudonym

« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2009, 03:43:45 am »
LC - I love the sound of this and would love to attend. Anything you want to see in a character bio to tie in together all these heroes in some coherent fashion to what is about to befall them?

LordCove

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2009, 03:50:50 am »
Quote from: Pseudonym
LC - I love the sound of this and would love to attend. Anything you want to see in a character bio to tie in together all these heroes in some coherent fashion to what is about to befall them?

Thanks.. and good point. But I'm sure I can get them all to pass through Vehl docks for their brush with destiny.

As for attending... you "could" with some sweet wife talking  ;)

-- Quests will be Wensdays at 7pm GMT ( 8pm BST) and Saturdays 8am GMT ( 9am BST ). An additional quest "may" be run on occassions on Monday 7pm GMT ( 8pm BST )

Remember too... Level requirements will be progressive. If for the first installment your too high for the level requirement, keep an eye out for following installements.
One or two may be locked, but I will try and open it back up for all with higher level requirements as those who start from the beginning also ascend in Levels.

LordCove

« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2009, 03:59:50 am »

Masterjack

« Reply #16 on: May 02, 2009, 06:00:52 am »
I have Snezle Lempkin made and ready to go for the Saturday Event. I just need to make sure I'm awake at 3 am.

ycleption

« Reply #17 on: May 03, 2009, 12:19:25 am »
I have a character submitted, and with a little luck, I'll have time to attend the quests.

anything