The World of Layonara  Forums

Author Topic: Not sure if this has been discussed  (Read 351 times)

Ravemore

Not sure if this has been discussed
« on: April 17, 2007, 12:36:57 pm »
I just had a thought, and was not sure this has already been discussed. I am on the project writers team and there is a ton of V3 stuff being worked on, but at some point in time most of that will be done, freeing up a lot of writers. I did not want to post there because I did not want to muddy the threads. The GM's are under a lot of pressure to put together a multitude of quests on an ongoing basis and I thought this might help to lighten the load. If there was another major thread created under the project writers to allow a GM to post a request for a plot, complete with parameters and basic ideas, project writers could then post a story line for a module. The GM's could then occupy themselves with the mechanics of putting together the quest with the toolset and have multiple quests "under construction" at any given time. I think the quests would also be richer in content and detail. There could even be quest teams put together comprised of a GM and one or more writers. The collaboration would create the potential for huge leaps in productivity and reduced stress. Quest wait times would be reduced, and L could even request certain quotas of certain type/Lvl quests to be ready for use. Just a thought... :)

The following users thanked this post: pejsaboy

Honora

Re: Not sure if this has been discussed
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2007, 01:31:21 pm »
I'd certainly be willing to give that a shot.

miltonyorkcastle

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2007, 01:36:48 pm »
A swell idea, methinks.

An aspect of the writing team: "Quest Writers"

Kindo

« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2007, 01:43:51 pm »
Actually, why not have an open forum for this as well? I'm sure there are many "regular" players who can come up with many excellent quest ideas and story-lines. Naturally, it would just be for the actual project team to look through when they have time, and maybe if they spot something good an interesting, it will be made reality in a future event. I think it would be a great way of unleashing the inner story-teller that lives within so many of us.

Rowana

« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2007, 01:51:04 pm »
Hee, you wouldn't want an open forum for that, because anyone who could read the forum would knwo the answer to the quest. *winks*
~row

Nomsat

• View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: April 17, 2007, 02:09:27 pm »
    Quote from: Rowana
    Hee, you wouldn't want an open forum for that, because anyone who could read the forum would knwo the answer to the quest. *winks*
    ~row

We promise not to remember what we read Row  ;) ;)

//ducks and runs

Kindo

« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2007, 02:14:56 pm »
    Well, some sort of mailing bag to which you can send your ideas then, only readable by the Project Team or something. The point is, we have creative ideas and expressive art in our heads and souls, dying to get out!

Interia_Discordius

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2007, 02:17:40 pm »
    Amen to that, Kindo!
    I'd love to help out on a quest, then tag along as a wallflower just to see the seeds I planted bloom!
    **huggles quest**

Stephen_Zuckerman

« Reply #8 on: April 17, 2007, 03:41:54 pm »
    YES!! <3

I'm one of those oddballs (apparently not so odd, from this thread!) who can write out a plotline, attend, and still love it lots and lots, and I've been wanting to hand over some quest ideas since I got to Layo.

I love this idea and want it to happen. :)

ShiffDrgnhrt

« Reply #9 on: April 17, 2007, 03:43:50 pm »
    Oh I'd SO help.  I love writing stories, and coming up with a quest idea and plot would be Great!  I'm so for this.

darkstorme

« Reply #10 on: April 17, 2007, 04:42:36 pm »
    I think a stipulation would have to be that the quest creator could not come along on the quest.  Enjoyable or not, it simply wouldn't be fair.

Also, I'd suggest that anyone writing a quest familiarize themselves with the DM client, and do anything you can to ease its passage for the GMs themselves. :)  (The same principle with NWN suggestions - if you really want to see something done, do as much of the work as you can yourself.)

Dorganath

« Reply #11 on: April 17, 2007, 04:53:29 pm »
    Heh...there's nothing to say that the GM couldn't alter the quest as written. ;)

anything